Help!!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but like Biff mentioned...you've contaminated your tank with copper. Don't get discouraged about it, we all make mistakes. You can only use that tank now as an "fish only" tank, but no inverts and corals. You'll have to set up another tank to keep corals and inverts, just make sure you don't use none of the sand or rocks from the old setup, and buy new live rock and sand. It's gonna be ok. :)

Thx smitty! But can i just strip my tank so to speak? Like clean EVERYTHING, filter, rock, sand? just completely everything?

That copper medication is pretty much soaked into your rocks and sand...it'll take a long time and lots of cleaning to get rid of it, you're better off saving the hassle and starting over with a new tank to use as a reef, and using the old one as a FO tank.

The only proven way to remove copper from rocks that I am aware of is to soak the contaminated materials in an acid bath. I'm not sure if there's a way to get it out of sand.

Well my sand isnt actually sand... haha its like gravel but really tine shells and what not.. so maybe an acid bath would work?

is their anything else i should do?

Here is where I'm at with this. You started your tank with a damsel and 2 clownfish in a 10 gallon tank. Then one of your clowns died. I don't know what happened to the damsel. On Dec 29th you posted that your other clown was laying on it's side about dead...

So I don't know where this new percula clown came from...but he now has ich.

He has been in for about 2 months, a different one died about 2 weeks ago and he has been fine until a few days ago he was getting lower and lower to the botttom of the tank and now he is almost dead, idk about ammonia

So since you've started your tank you've lost 2 clownfish, 1 damsel, your current clown has ich, and you just poisoned your blenny. But you still haven't bought a book, or all of the test kits that you need to keep fish successfully. I don't get it. This is like a carpenter trying to build a house without a hammer....It doesn't make sense. If you think you're going to skip steps in this hobby you're going to have an empty wallet and a bunch of dead fish.

So rather than try to figure out what's going on with your tank through Test Kits, and a basic understanding of the hobby....You're just gonna keep buying more fish, because the other fish obviously had something wrong with them before you purchased them.

It couldn't be something you're doing could it?:frustrat:

On top of that, if you would've spent 2 minutes saying "I'm about to buy a copper based medicine for my fish" all of this could have been avoided.

Do yourself a favor and read the "sticky's" that are posted all over this site.

as far as the tank goes, you might as well just throw it away, because you're not getting that copper out of it. If you try, you're gonna be in the same place you are now...dead animals.

Hey man take it easy ok, just ughh. OK u got it all wrong, i sold my other fish my clownfish doesnt even have ick i thought he did but he doesnt ok? So when i thought he did i added the copper medicine. I dont have a 10 gal. anymore, i have a 30, get the full story before you go writing about someone like that. I have or had a very succesfull tank before i added the copper, i have a a good understanding of the hobby, we ALL have fish die, so dont be accusing me of being a bad fish keeper or not understanding the hobby. And try not to put me down like that, im determined to get this copper crap out of my tank and i will. You may not believe that i can but i will

My damsel was sold, my clown was sold, one of my clowns died. I got another, he is fine, and doesnt have ich, and my blenny just died because of a misunderstanding with freakin copper.

i have a a good understanding of the hobby

No you don't.

we ALL have fish die, so dont be accusing me of being a bad fish keeper or not understanding the hobby.

Yes, all of our fish die...But at the rate you're killing them, they'll be extinct before I want to get another fish.

im determined to get this copper crap out of my tank and i will. You may not believe that i can but i will

I would recommend getting it out of your blenny first. since you've got a good understanding of the hobby.

Back