Help!!

Im sorry i just get steamed up, that was just kinda annoying for you to say that, it really just :neutral:put me down

No you don't.

Yes, all of our fish die...But at the rate you're killing them, they'll be extinct before I want to get another fish.

I would recommend getting it out of your blenny first. since you've got a good understanding of the hobby.

alright dude im done with you... and this site

Hey hey... Settle down please...

It's not worth it to try to get copper out of the rocks and sand of a 30 gallon tank. It's going to take more time, effort and money to do that than to just buy new rock and sand.

Hey hey... Settle down please...

It's not worth it to try to get copper out of the rocks and sand of a 30 gallon tank. It's going to take more time, effort and money to do that than to just buy new rock and sand.

IM not the one who is angry he's just messed up yea i guess

Fellas, fellas, relax...we've all messed up before. Let's not make this worse than it has to be. You know what bro, like Biff mentioned, it's not worth the headache to try to get the copper out, although it Can be done, it's simply not worth it...trust me, I've tried. :)

Fellas, fellas, relax...we've all messed up before. Let's not make this worse than it has to be. You know what bro, like Biff mentioned, it's not worth the headache to try to get the copper out, although it Can be done, it's simply not worth it...trust me, I've tried. :)

thx man :D so i mean its completely out of the picture... ill tell u the medicine its mardel coppersafe? is that the one? i mean did it really infect my tank?

Yeah bro...it infected it. Thank goodness it didn't kill your inverts you had in the tank.
I'm telling what I would do...I'll keep the 30gal as a fish only tank, or a species only tank...and set-up your old 10gal as your small reef tank, with your corals and inverts.

Alright brotha i got u, i only have like 1 coral and a feather duster so i might just sell them, so, is my clownfish ok in the 30 gal?

Yeah, the clown should be ok...when you get a chance, do a nice w/c to try to dilute some of the copper med out, it'll make it easier on the fish, and even all your levels out naturally.

It will eventually go down, but there will always be traces of it in the tank, because it's soaked into the rocks and sand, and even traces of copper could be fatal to inverts and corals.

man that stinks :( i cant believe they would sell a product like that :/

man that stinks :( i cant believe they would sell a product like that :/

...They come with warning labels and instructions for a reason. ;)

Copper is very effective at treating ich if used properly. It must be used in a quarantine tank with no rock and no sand, and it must be measured precisely.

good news! (i hope) i just called the companny and they said its designed to ware the copper of in a month! so i hope they'r right! Correct me if im wrong haha

i dont think there is anything that is "coppersafe". And the copper is going to be in your rocks and sand, its not going to magically disappear after a month.

Just ditch the rocks and sand. You have a tiny tank, its going to be very easy and cheap to replace.

Back