Help!!

i dont think there is anything that is "coppersafe". And the copper is going to be in your rocks and sand, its not going to magically disappear after a month.

Just ditch the rocks and sand. You have a tiny tank, its going to be very easy and cheap to replace.

No Coppersafe is a brand lol.

I dont think you quite understand, tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny amounts are fatal to inverts. It might go away enough to not effect your fish, but your inverts are going to feel it.

Yes dude i understand that! IM not planning to put any coral, snails, anything in that tank for a long while! Have you read any of this thread? They've been telling me that for a long while! :grumble:

What she's trying to tell you is despite what the company told you, the copper will still be in your tank. Unless you get all new stuff you will never be able to keep corals or inverts in there.

What she's trying to tell you is despite what the company told you, the copper will still be in your tank. Unless you get all new stuff you will never be able to keep corals or inverts in there.

haha yes i understand that? Have yall read this thread?

I have read this thread in it's entirety. You've said you aren't planning on putting corals/inverts in the tank for "a long while". We're saying you can't do it ever.

I have read this thread in it's entirety. You've said you aren't planning on putting corals/inverts in the tank for "a long while". We're saying you can't do it ever.

Even if i change my rock sand, clean filter, heater, powerhead, and glass. Sry im really stressed with this whole thing, im not thinking straight, please forgive me

As we have told you, you need to get rid of the rocks and sand. Those are the things that will hold the copper. And you should clean your filter very well, replace the pads etc.

The other stuff, tank, heater, powerheads, you can reuse.

As we have told you, you need to get rid of the rocks and sand. Those are the things that will hold the copper. And you should clean your filter very well, replace the pads etc.

The other stuff, tank, heater, powerheads, you can reuse.

Alright thank you, Sry i got angry its just stressfull

IF you change everything then you can use the tank still.
Thank you for the apology, I imagine it is very stressful.
And by the way, little_fish is a girl. :)

IF you change everything then you can use the tank still.
Thank you for the apology, I imagine it is very stressful.
And by the way, little_fish is a girl. :)

Your welcome, thnk you for understanding :D

(we need a gender tag or something here haha)

Its ok, just take a deep breath and read what we have posted. No one on here wants to see you fail and the advice we have given is the best we have to give. But ultimately its up to you to research first, take responsibility for your actions, and then work to correct the situation.

Good luck

Its ok, just take a deep breath and read what we have posted. No one on here wants to see you fail and the advice we have given is the best we have to give. But ultimately its up to you to research first, take responsibility for your actions, and then work to correct the situation.

Good luck

Thank You, hopefully it works out

Copper is hard if not impossible to get out of the silicone as well, unless you seriously plan to drain it and really really really clean it all off...even then there's no guarantee it will work. Silicone will easily soak up the copper in the seams or into itself, and then slowly leach it back out. That's why you have to be wary of buying tanks used, because you never know if the previous owner ever used copper in it, especially if they previously used it for fresh water.

It's good for you to post what you've done, so you can learn from your mistakes. The internet is crawling with lots of information and for the most part, everything about saltwater + copper would have told you to do this in a qt. But I understand sometimes you get conflicting information, and that's when you should really turn to others for their advice. Keep an open mind :) We're all here to help each other. Even the experts here don't have it all figured out! You're lucky there's so much info out there this day and age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopsideful
i have a a good understanding of the hobby

No you don't.

Quote:
we ALL have fish die, so dont be accusing me of being a bad fish keeper or not understanding the hobby.

Yes, all of our fish die...But at the rate you're killing them, they'll be extinct before I want to get another fish.

Quote:
im determined to get this copper crap out of my tank and i will. You may not believe that i can but i will

I would recommend getting it out of your blenny first. since you've got a good understanding of the hobby.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was by far the funniest shit I've read in a long time. :Cheers:

Quote:
i have a a good understanding of the hobby

No you don't.

Quote:
we ALL have fish die, so dont be accusing me of being a bad fish keeper or not understanding the hobby.

Yes, all of our fish die...But at the rate you're killing them, they'll be extinct before I want to get another fish.

Quote:
im determined to get this copper crap out of my tank and i will. You may not believe that i can but i will

I would recommend getting it out of your blenny first. since you've got a good understanding of the hobby.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was by far the funniest **** I've read in a long time. :Cheers:

Im sorry wat? I dont understand please explain

Back