0509131917.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 292
  • 0509131916.jpg
    0509131916.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 0509131917a.jpg
    0509131917a.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 332
The extra flow will help. You might try getting even more flow to the areas where you see it accumulating the most. Also up your water changes and aim for zero nitrates. I prefer not to use products designed for killing the cyano. Getting to the root of the problem is always best.

Also just noticed your substrate is quite large and could be accumulating debris which is feeding the cyano.

should keep the light off longer or just keep them off for a few days it didnt start till i got my new light and im hoping to get another 750 powerhead tomorrow. and should i do like 20% water change?

A 20% WC would be good. Check your levels the following day and keep doing WC every 2-3 days until you are at 0. I would personally leave your lights running on their normal schedule and just get rid of the extra nutrients.
What kind of light did you get?

Emmett my friend, let me be the ass here and say that your substrate would be perfect in a deep sand bed, i dont want to see you with any issues at all, but right now would be your perfect opportunity to change your shell floor. Ill look up the pictures of when i purchased my tank and what it looked like. Please change it, or constantly sift it ie, use the non netted end on your fish net to stir it up. Good luck and dont get angry with my statement, its only my thoughts.

i no what you are saying but i know th issues with it and i vac it with my weekly water changes and i am going to get the shells out. when i put it in i liked it and i put a bag of live sand in with it too so i dont want to get rid of the sand that i have

ok so i did a 20% water change and added a 1000 gph power head and took my turcky baster to my lr and ther were full of junk so i do nitrate in the morning and see where they are

Back