HELP!!!

Jimboaf

We can build it
Ok, so I went away for a long weekend and thought my tank would be fine but I was wrong. The holding bucket that kept my fresh water for mixing decided to spring a leek and dump all 32 gals onto my floor. And I have carpet, so now everything is soaked and I need to replace the carpet. Is there anyone on here that can help me with ways that I can move my tank easily? I am just going to move everything into the next room for now. In my tank I only have two clown fish and a few assorted corals. I am wondering if I can put my fish into a bucket with an air stone, and how long can they stay in a bucket? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fun stuff to come home to after a long weekend :) If you think it's going to go long you can toss some liverock in the bucket too, some good bacteria to help break down the fish poo so ammonia doesn't rise...

I will definitly do that, Could I set up a smaller tank in the intrum? Or would I have to cycle a tank again.

Well I have everything out of the room except the tank, I am waiting untill I can get the supplies for the flooring untill I move the tank. So then the tank will be moved for only a few hours. It will hopefully get done tomorow.

Jim that's scary stuff I have an overflow conversion on my tank and went away for the first time since I set my tank up last weekend.. I was soo paranoid I set up my pc with a web cam on the tank so I could occasionally "check in" nothing scarier than thinking about the overflow screwing up and dumping 20 gallons on the floor... On the upshot atleast it was fresh water!
P.S. don't forget to use the same water if your going to set up a smaller tank so there is no fish shock.

Yea afer taking everything up last night (carpet, Foam) it seemed that there was alot more water then I thought was there. I have everthign drying out with fans and everything and had to clean some mold up alittle so I think there was a water problem there before as well. But now with everything out I just need to figure a way to get the tank out of the room into the next. It's only a 55gal but that thing is heavy.

Keep us posted, a 55 gallon tank is heavy for sure! At least it was just a long weekend and you weren't gone a whole week, can you imagine???

Ok so this weekened was the weekened that I moved everything. Man what a chore that was, I kept the fish overnight in the bucket becuase nothing ever works like it is supost too. But everything whent well, and everything seemed to survive. I will tell everyone one thing, I hope I dont have to move my tank for awhile now.

Back