here is my 55g reef tank

donthaslthepoff

Reefing newb
So here it is it is only one month old the equipment specs are coralife 33000 skimmer, 1 koralia 4 ,1 koralia 1 and a rena hob smart filter. Livestock specs 50 lbs live rock a 50/50 mix of reef and and live sand.
1 coral banded shrimp 2 pepermint shrimp 5 snails and 4 hermit crabs.
And a bunch of various hitchhikers mostly tube worms and brittle stars.
So here it is inall its young glory.

Attachments

• 0316091955.jpg
    0316091955.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,232
Looks nice. I think you're mistaken on the CSS (coralife super skimmer)size. They come in 65, 125, and 220. The power heads are good ones, but you may have to add more flow in the future.

What are you planning on keeping?

looks good so far. What kind of light are you running on your tank? It looks like the Hagen Glo T5, 2 bulb. Is this correct? Depending on what kind of corals you are keeping one light will not be enough. I run the same light on one of my tanks and i actually went and bought another one because it was not enough for my corals. (I now run 2 Hagen T5) They were not doing well with 1.. Just curious....

Thany you, and yes that's what they are I do not have any corals yet so not quit shure what. Kind I am going to keep quit yet
Soft corals... polyps and shrooms will do just fine. At least mine did in my 72 bow. I like the lights though. Good reflectors as far as i am concerned, contrarey to what others say.

tank looks good, you should add more pics as you go so we can see your progress......im actually gonna throw some pics up after my cycle is complete

Back