Here We Go, PICS Inside, And Yes...I Need Help ;-)

much better looking. it will take you several hours to srcub off the rocks. best to get a comfy chair 2 sit in.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

The tank looks much improve.I'm pretty lazy so I recommend getting a variety of critters to get the rocks cleans.I didn't see a blue pad/sponge in the pics but I don't think would do any harm to rinse it out in the sink.

The tank looks much improve.I'm pretty lazy so I recommend getting a variety of critters to get the rocks cleans.I didn't see a blue pad/sponge in the pics but I don't think would do any harm to rinse it out in the sink.

it's actually in the bottom of the sump. you've gotta look closely at the pics, kinda dark at the bottom

nice looking system. I like your equipment and the aquascaping is very good.

hahaha, i've been browsing the photo gallery. looks like i have a LONG way to go. thanks for the nice comments though. i need all the encouragement i can get at this point. i'm cleaning rocks tomorrow, i'll post pics of the godawful process late tomorrow. :sfish:

DSCN2986.jpg

DSCN2987.jpg

DSCN2988.jpg

DSCN2989.jpg

DSCN2990.jpg

DSCN2992.jpg

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2995.jpg

So, there we go. The tank is still a little cloudy but there's the update. Almost 3 hours cleaning/scrubbing rocks! So ya, if anyone has the chance to do that, PASS! I redid the rocks, I think for the better. Your input please??? I also did a little organizing while I was down below. Everything is zip tied and the power strip are now hung on the wall. I've still got a ways to go but I think you all are right, I'm improving. There's still some algae on the rocks, very little, but I think it's dead. My aiptasia problem has been dealt with, yay! And now I'm just patiently waiting til' the day I can finally re-up on my corals.

Forgot to add, I bought one of those socks today but it's the wrong size. Of course, more pics to come once I get that on there.

Your system has made one heck of a turn around.I would tidy up the wires a bit and make sure there is drip loop also.Nice fish,the Dori and Sailfin being my favorite.Remember the battle may be won but the war against nuisance algae is really never over.I think the fuge should help out tremendously.Good luck and keep us updated.Maybe its time for you to start a ''tank showcase'' thread so we can see your progress with adding new corals,etc....just a thought.

Good luck,well done!

Good point Freak. MODS, if you're listening.....what are the chances I can get this moved to a new thread in the tank showcase section????? I think this would be the first "turn-your-tank-around" showcase.............

You are going to want to rethink that sailfin it gets SOOOO big, same with the Regal Blue. They need 100gal plus to be happy. I know you are looking for good homes for them. the yellow can live in the 75 gal full grown. What fish are you going to keep?

You are going to want to rethink that sailfin it gets SOOOO big, same with the Regal Blue. They need 100gal plus to be happy. I know you are looking for good homes for them. the yellow can live in the 75 gal full grown. What fish are you going to keep?

not sure to be honest. i want to have a happy/healthy reef aquarium... that's going to involve a lot more research and learning. do you have any suggestions? i saw a conch in my LFS today. AWESOME. Not for sale though. Would that be too much for my 75?

If it were me, I would wait a bit til water tests prove consistent, algae is under control and a few weeks have past by. I like to keep fish in my tank that I know will live in my tank for their life time. Granted, I tend to push the envelope of stocking my tank, but not to the point of effective water quality.

I can't tell how large your fish are, but their potential are pretty darn big. Are you planning a larger system in the realistic near future? ( I ask realisitc near future cuz we all have plans for killer 500 gallon beasts that may take a while to build). If so, you could keep what you have if you plan to move them in under a year.

If not, plan for no more than a total of 20 inches of fish - at their maximum length (even that is pushing it for a 75). The longer your tank has been established, the more you can push the stocking limit - to a point.

I saw three tangs, which alone will kill your stocking limit.

Sailfin - 15 inches in the wild, realisitc - a foot in your tank
Regal blue - 13 inches in the wild, realisitc - 10 inches in your tank
Yellow tang - 10 inches in the wild, realistic - 8 inches in your tank

There is a huge difference in contaminates to your tank the bigger your fish get. For example. 8 one inch fish are much cleaner than 1 eight inch fish. So, it may be best to keep one tang and have a series of smaller (say 4 inch) fish to compliment temperment.

You could keep the Yellow tang, add a pair of clowns (unless you already have them), toss in a flame angel (man I love those) and keep your three stripped damsels, for instance.

Your tank, up to you.

Back