Hermit Crab War?

Tristan

Detritus
Do hermit crabs of different kinds fight? i just put in some electric orange ones and my zebra dwarfs are attacking them? Will they call it a truce soon or is someone going to get hurt?

Hermits of all kinds will 'fight' over a variety of things. They will try to kill each other if they are hungry and they will kill each other for their shells.

You can keep this in check by supplementing their food and providing them extra shells to transfer to.

hermit crabs (both land and salties) will need new shells to grow into since their bodys are soft and squishy... the shell is what protects them... if you don't have extra shells they will fight each other often to death over them.. OOOORRRR even start attacking your snails, killing them, EATING them, and taking their shells.. OH did I forget to mention... they grow to ENJOY the taste of snails and will kill them just to chow down?! lol.

hermits are one of my favorite (moreso the landies) so they are spoiled rotten and i have tons of shells in my tank for them... just get a handful of em and your crabs should be good :) i try to go 1-3 shells per crab.... thats just me tho lol

I loaded my tank with empties and the little devils still went after my snails for shells... they have some evil in them!

Nothing new right :) I see you joined the club??? Or are you still the king of evil???
You will be happy to know that desmond survived the move and is enjoying a 125 all to himself :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 278
That is one fine looking man there !!!!!!!! I have a crap load of shells in my tank, the crabs still kill the snails. And they still fight with each other. Damn, that is one fine looking man there !!!!!!!

Back