hermits gone

kriskatatstrophic

Reefing newb
okay so two days ago i bought 3 hermits and a perperment shrimp from the lfs i saw the lady put three small crabs in.. wen i got home there was only two in the bag with the peperment
i put them in my tank........yesterday i looked all over and only found one....... today i cant find ether are they hiding? cas it is not at all posible the peperment ate them that qould be just dumb to assume theres no preditors in my tank just two clowns a perperment and the two lost hermits

Peppermint shrimp won't eat your crabs as far as I know... They're probably just in your rockwork somewhere. If they're gone consider yourself lucky.

Because they'll kill your snails, which IMO is a better cleaner...I hate the crabs that I have in my tank.

Well first of all when you got home and thought you had three and only had two, did you have an empty shell? If so, you should tell them at your LFS and I'm sure they'll replace it.

I also agree they are just hiding in your tank. IMO if you feed them occasionally then you'll have no problems with them eating your snails.

I doubt they'd give you too much of an issue if you went back in and asked for your 3rd crab. Might as well.

I like hermits as they will clean up any left over food the snails won't get. Hermits will kill crabs though even if you have plenty of extra shells for em. I've prolly got around 10 hermits total in my tank atm but on any given day I may see none of em or I may see all 10.

Back