Hey all! Another noobie! =P

Have you been feeding your tangs dried seaweed sheets? If not, you should since they are primarily vegetarians. You can pick up dried seaweed sheets at your LFS and the chain pet stores also carry it (Petco, Petsmart). You'll also need to buy a suction cup clip to hold on to it.

I do feed them seaweed. I'm thinking I might need to pick up a different kind. Right now I'm using Brown Marine Algae. The sailfin loves it and goes to town on it the second it's in the tank, but the powder brown (even when he was a bigger eater) was never very fond of the seaweed.

I might give the garlic a shot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that garlic was more for color? Keeping the colors more vivid, and bright?

-RYknow

Ok cool! I'll give the garlic a shot. I just wish the LFS wasn't so expensive...or that I had more patience. :grumble:

-RYknow

Garlic is an appetite stimulant and immune system booster.

Try the green seaweed sheets. I have four tangs in my tank, and they won't touch any of the other colors except for green. Snobs. And they like the Julian Sprung brand the best too :).

OK cool, I'll have to give it a shot. I went to the LFS earlier to grab some garlic, and some new filter cartridges. I looked around at the various types of seaweed, and I didn't see any of this Julian Spung. I'm thinking my LFS doesn't carry it. :(

-RYknow

I have a powder brown and sailfin,both of them eat Ocean Nutrition seaweed sheets in green,red and brown with gusto.....never tried the Julian Sprung kind before.I hope the best for your PB,really is a beautiful fish.

So I finished a 50% water change about 2 hours ago, and I just fed them using a mix of mysis, and the entree frozen foods. I also used the garlic for the first time. The PB ate the best meal I've seen him eat in about a week! It could be cause of the garlic, or it could be because I've stopped feeding in the morning.

My usual routine was to throw a "snack" (a small pinch of flakes, and some pellets. Enough to last about 30 seconds before it was all devoured.) first thing in the morning, then they had dinner at the end of the day. As advised I'm only feeding them frozen foods once a day, and I'm going to mixing that with the garlic!

I'm just glad to see the PB eating! I'm acttually working on an Avatar with a pic of Maynard right now (I don't know gimp all that well...so I'm learning as I go :mrgreen: ). Hopefully have it completed sometime tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys! I'll keep you posted over the next couple days!

-RYknow

Back