hey everyone me again!!!

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
sup everyone k had a couple of questions, ive had like green hair growing due to phosphates i think they r called.. ive been using home filtered water for top offs so i stopped using that and started using ro water top offs and i got this lil bag of phosphate remover in a nylon bag an dropped it in the back. and i still have hair in my tank its been 2 weeks now. no change.

also i think i have a lighting issue i have a 29gallon oceanic bio-cube i was told by the aquarium people to change my lights every 6 months and in the handbook it says every 3 months. 35watt lights i have 1 regular one and 1 flourescent. its been 1 year now and the coral on the sand isnt looking too strong like the ones up high on the rocks.. so its about that time to change them????????????????????????

Glad to see you post again.
You'll have to hand remove as much of the hair algae as possible to ever get it under control.I've learned that no matter how nutrient poor your water is,hair algae will fuel itself buy trapping crud within the matts.
The changing light spectrium from your old bulbs aint helpping the algae either.I'd say its past time to change em.

+1 Yote
Hair algae takes time to remove, and like Yote said, if you don't manually remove it, or add something that will eat it, it will just keep growing whenever your phosphates are on the rise.
Get new bulbs, too.

Back