Hey everyone

sammi

Reefing newb
well, this is my 1st post 2 this forum and i wanted 2 know from some experts...

i wanted 2 know wat fish species you;d recomend for a 78L aquarium (rembering i;m a beginner)

any replies would b apreciated :mrgreen:

:sfish:Sammi

Welcome to the forum. please feel free to ask any questions you have. Our collective wisdom is actually pretty impressive. I have visited other marine forums and this one just plan rocks.

As for your fish question, you are looking at about one, 4-inch fish or two, 2-inch fish. a pair of firefish would look nice. royal gramma would also be nice. a royal dottyback looks similar to a gramma and is a good fish. not many people like the pink skunk clownfish, but that is always a nice addition to a smaller tank. Lots of options, up to you. Do your homework before deciding on a fish. Tends to take the headaches out of the future.

-Doc

Hello and welcome! Good advice so far, it's also helpful to get a good fish book to help decide what you want to put in your tank. I recommend Marine Fishes by Scott W. Michael, it's a "PocketExpert Guide".

yeah, great advice Biff. I call it my "fish bible". I tend to read it about every day

-Doc

Yeah, I have the PocketExpert Guide on Marine Invertebrates also. It's missing some of the corals that I'm interested in, but I'd say it's 98% thorough and complete, also a very good book for anyone, beginner or expert, to pick up. I sent Redline the same set of books a while back as a gift. We read each other quotes from them for fun sometimes ;).

welcome! I have those books too thanks to a wonderful mod on the forum. they are awesome! sadly they dont list the vlamingi tang :( but thats definately not for a 78L tank

oh, and I forgot about gobies. there are several species of gobies that are hardy, attractive, and stay small enough for a nano tank. they are normally pretty cheap too.

Back