Hey Gang!

Ryan

Reefing newb
I went out tonight and got a Maxi Jet 600 for my tank. Man, can this thing get the flow going. WoW! I put it on the opposite side of my filter to get a cross flow across my live rock. Just thought I would share.

Good deal.Cant have to much flow in the tank.
But if you wont some serious flow,Get one of those mod kits for it.

Oh yeah, I forgot and more live rock! :bounce:

Here's a pic...

Attachments

• Ryan 3-133333.jpg
    Ryan 3-133333.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 197
OK so what's the "optional foam cartridge"? Looks like another option to have on instead of the screened intake tube adapter? Or does this actually go inside? Any help is greatly appreciated.:Cheers:

Toss that sponge.They tend to get full of crap and cause high nitrates.
And get all the flow in the tank that you can.As long as the sands staying on the bottom,you dont have to much flow.

Toss that sponge.They tend to get full of crap and cause high nitrates.
And get all the flow in the tank that you can.As long as the sands staying on the bottom,you dont have to much flow.
not trying to hijack but what if the sand is not stirring up but rather moving to a certain side?? mine splits in the center of my tank

not trying to hijack but what if the sand is not stirring up but rather moving to a certain side?? mine splits in the center of my tank

Move your powerheads around JCE.Its a pain to get the flow just right.It takes a hellva lot of twiking to get it so the sand dont all end up in one corner.

Back