Hey Ironman

Yep, Ironman was a moderator on here for a while, then he left for a while, and now he's back again. We are glad to have him (Bryan) back!

You should read our private message, more childish than those between Doc and I from months back. It takes most people a while to get used to me and just take advantage of what I have to offer and not expect social graces or exceptable social behaviour from me.

hey guys, sorry ive been somewhat hesitant to post after my great welcome back and it seems it is still going on! LOL! Aparently I stepped on someone elses turf.
I will see if I can locate a more current pic for you guys of the 120.
Here is a tank shot taken about 6 months ago.

bryanstankinitsprime.jpg

here are a few corals Ive added since the picture.

MVC-653S.JPG

MVC-556S.JPG

MVC-557S.JPG

MVC-654S.JPG

thanks guys, almost all of it has started off as frags that I grow out. this particular reef I have had running for 5 years. and alot of the corals you see have been fragged on a regular basis for local reefers getting started, and suppying the local stores with aquacultured frags to sell. My clowns I have had since the beggining and they lay eggs several times a month, my hope is to someday raise them .
anyway im rambling.
I had a custom 200 gallon tank made by deep sea aquatics. I have been gradually building the stand and buying the equipment as time alows. Im hoping to have it running in a few months.

here is a few pics of the tank, forgive the dead sps, they were part of one of the fish stores I bought out, not colonies I killed!

deapseatank003.jpg

deapseatank001.jpg

You can grow coral. I will have to admit that. Really like the Montis. I do hate tower overflows and little bulkheads though. I am a back wall overflow person. Are those new tank bulkheads for a closed loop or just returns? Are those strainers on the new tank bulkheads?

Last edited:
hey fatman, I would be happy to send you some montis if you want to cover shipping. as for the overflows, I originally wanted a overflow built off the back of the tank. but it became an issue for other things so it is an internal overflow I just had centered in the back of the tank. as for bulkheads, I had the overflow drilled with 4 hole for draines. I plan on reusing my seaswirls as my sump returns. and the two large bulkheads in the back glass are for a closed loop. I am using a ocean motions to operate my closed loop. I will have two bulkheads in the bottom glass in each front corner,(which I was torn about but did it anyway) and am planning on using ocean motions ratcheting returns dropped from the canopy into the top of the tank, and maybe a few returns dropped behind the rockwork, Im kinda waiting to finalize the closed loop returns till I do my aquascaping and see where I need the most flow. Yes those are large strainers on the closed loop bulkheads. I wasnt really sure what to use to keep debris out of the system as the oceanmotions are sensative to debris. you know of anything better? Im open for advice on anything with this new tank, I like input from experience.

Back