Hey Peeps

My friend had an arrow crab in his nano and ended up giving it back to the fish store because he was having problems with it. I didn't know that it could have a tendency to kill fish though. Eeek.

UPDATE!!!!

I took the crab back to the LFS and got a store credit towards my live rock and my clowns. I have learned to start researching the animals before i purchase them.. thanks guys and gals..

and to PIGGY: Yes, i am in MD. I live in owings mills...
(on a side note, what does 'hosting' mean).. U kno, when someone says ' your clown will host this coral'.. what exactly does that mean?

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a clown rolling in an anemone? That is an anenome hosting a clown. The static animal is the host the motile animal is the one being hosted.

Have you ever seen a clown rolling in an anemone? That is an anenome hosting a clown. The static animal is the host the motile animal is the one being hosted.

i hope im not becoming a nuisance... but what is the purpose of the clown hosting the anemone?

It's a mutualism. The anemone gives the clown a home and protects it, and in return the clown brings it pieces of food and feeds it.

thanks for all of the replies.

I have had a few other threads with questions about the direction in which i want to take my tank into. I think i can achieve a good looking tank with the live rocks and fish. I would like a variety of fish versus a variety of anenomes. I just don't kno which i want. Like i said i already have 2 percula clowns, 2 damselsn and 1 yellow tang.

With you guys' experiences, which kind of fish would do well with these fish? of course in a 90g saltwater.

What about a dwarf angel? The two most common types that you can find at any fish store are coral beauty and flame angels. The flames are a little bit more expensive, but they are cool fish.

i'm on saltwaterfish.com looking at potential fish that i want to buy. I'll let you know which i choose so you all can tell me if i can have these in my tank together...

Back