Hey Sharkie I got a response!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by PRC, May 21, 2010.

1. PRC

PRC Stop Quoting Me!

I know it's just a form letter but what the hell, it's a response. For all ofyou that don't know, Sharkie has a link at the bottom of her signature to protest shark finning. I personally think we should all fill it out.

Here's the response that I got today.

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting me regarding your support for protecting sharks and the environment. I share your concerns.

Sharks play an important role in our ecosystems and help maintain healthy oceans. As you may know, Senator John Kerry (D-Massachusetts) introduced the Shark Conservation Act (S.850) on April 22, 2009. This bill would make it illegal to remove the fins of a shark while at sea. It would also require that all sharks caught in U.S. waters be brought to shore with their fins naturally attached. This bill is currently pending before the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, of which I am not a member. Should this legislation come before me for a vote, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again if I can be of service to you or your family.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator

PRC, May 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. PRC

VAreef

That is cool. That really isn't just a form letter though. I mean it was probably written by an aide but at least it took some thought for them to reply to you. By the sounds of it we should be writting the members of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee for them to take action and get the bill outa committee for debate and a vote.

VAreef, May 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. PRC

OmegaOmega

Agreed - if we can identify the committee chair - that would be the direct person we'd want to petition; we could even do so electronically as a group, there are several sites that help build electronic signatures for petitions.

OmegaOmega, May 21, 2010
  4. PRC

VAreef

Thats easy. It's Chair is Senator Jay Rockefeller. He has alot of contact info and pretty much unless your from W.Va you won't get a response.

VAreef, May 21, 2010
  5. PRC

dcantucson

I sent that letter to my Senators a long time ago and still have not heard a thing.

dcantucson, May 21, 2010
  6. PRC

Bifferwine I am a girl

Me neither, Dcan. But we already knew that our senators sucked. No big surprise. :(

Bifferwine, May 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question