Hey Sharkie

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010.

1. fastrd400

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

I am thinking about taking my son down to MBA this weekend. Is there anything special going on? Is the behind the scenes tours worth it? I'm thinking of going down like the night before and getting a hotel room, then hitting the aquarium the next day. :question:

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. fastrd400

Sharkie The Damsel Defender

Hey!!

Ahh the Aquarium is AWESOME But theres not anything special going on this weekend... if you could go on a tuesday around 3pm and you'll be given the best treatment in the world (thats my shift haha). the behind the scenes is AWESOME and has been adding a lot of new different goodies to it, I haven't been on one in a while but the last one I went on was awesome! we toured the sorac building, saw all the undersides of the tanks and stuff like that... they have lots of stuff for the kids to do from "cleaning" the tanks to feeding the fish/penguins :) its totally worth it.

Also for hotels, go to sandcity and go to the motel 6 there. its about a 10 minute drive from the aquarium and its $60 a night. cheapest you'll find ANYWHERE in that area! not sure if you're military but if you are then it goes down to $40 a night :) Its nice too, not all crappy and such. its right on the beach too :) theres a dennys in the parking lot so there isn't breakfast provided but theres TONS of places around to get food at thats better anyways (that dennys isn't the greatest).

as far as getting some good food around there, GET GIANNIs pizza! the BEST in the world!

Gianni's Pizza - Monterey, CA

its on light house which is 3 streets up from the aquarium. its amazing... its won TONS of awards and tastes great... the portola in the aquarium is good too but its more of like a cafateria unless you order the food from the oyster bar. Gilberts on the warf is nice too :)

Sharkie, Mar 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. fastrd400

Very cool. Tuesdays are way too hard with the wife working in the city. I have not been for a long time, and my 2 year old loves it.

I don't remember the behind the scenes tours from before, which is why I wanted to ask. Not so sure I'm gonna go with the prt tour at 250 per person, but the other one seemed pretty cool too.

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
  4. fastrd400

I'm not sure that there are ever 250 people at once behind the scenes, if anything they take you in a group of 20-30 and then take turns doing things.... its totally worth it :)

be sure to check out Kit and the new Mola Mola (ocean sunfish) in the outer bay wing :) they are both awesome!

Sharkie, Mar 3, 2010
  5. fastrd400

LOL, no it's 250.00 per person for the private tour for 2 hours. The other behind the scenes tour is a group tour that lasts 50 minutes. That one is a little more affordable, lmao.

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
  6. fastrd400

ahhh, okay, see i've never had to pay being an employee but everyone who has paid has said its totally worth it :)

Sharkie, Mar 3, 2010
  7. fastrd400

Okay, thank you very much for the recommendations. I know we will have a blast there, especially since he loved the Maui Ocean Center and Aquarium last September.

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
  8. fastrd400

yea! be sure to also ask about the 50 yr old lobster!! hes AWESOME and weighs 13 POUNDS!! hes a HUGE guy! also, depending on whos there they miiiiggghhhht let you touch the baby swell shark in the kelp forest (upstairs portion) touch pool :) check out the seacucumber and crawl into the splash zone tunnel, thats where "nemo" is and a few other extras ;) its pretty cool

Sharkie, Mar 3, 2010
  9. fastrd400

Sounds awesome, thank you much.

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
  10. fastrd400

kennedy98

i always wanted to go to that aquarium :(

kennedy98, Mar 3, 2010
  11. fastrd400

Well I just found out I can't do the behind the scenes as Aiden is too young at 2 and a half. Oh well, he'll still dig everything else there. Also can't find the Motel 6 you are talking about.

fastrd400, Mar 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question