Hey there!

Aquatic

Reefing newb
How is everyone doing this Sunday? My name is Zeke (Short for Ezekial) and I have lurked these forums a little bit to keep my interest in the saltwater hobby! Anyways, im a state worker who's currently employed by the California Conservation Corps in South Lake Tahoe, CA. I used to own my own saltwater aquarium setup a few years ago when I was working for a local LFS. Whilst working at the LFS (My first job by the way), During that time, I owned a 10 gallon freshwater tank that I used to keep some Cory catfish and some tetras. I can't exactly remember but I know I did upgrade to a 29 gallon tank which was still freshwater as well. While continuing to work at the LFS, I got interested in the saltwater hobby and decided to dump my paychecks to the SW switch! As far as I remember, I started off with the power filter, a bak pak skimmer, my heater, and a couple powerheads. I had a barbershop shrimp, a few emerald mithrax crabs, and 2-3 fish. I remember 2 of the fish being a Yellowhead Jawfish and a Scopias Tang (I now know that my tank was too small for the tang). Anyways, I was a lot younger back then and didn't know a lot of things about the hobby itself. For some odd reason, I ended up losing interest and took my tank down. It's probably been about 6-7 years since I was into the hobby but I hope to get back into it in the future! Unfortunately, I currently reside in a dorm that my center provides so there's no way I could start the hobby again now. My current goals are to save money for a new place to stay upon finishing the CCC, get a car, and go to college. Once I can satisfy myself with a place and a job, then I seriously want to get back into the hobby again. Not only that but id want a bigger setup as well. Something between 40-55 gallons persay but who knows what deals I might find later on! Well, this is ending up to be a wall of text so let me say that I hope to be a positive contribution to this wonderful community! Have a good day everyone!

Hello and welcome to the site! You can find some great deals on Craigs List for used tanks. That would be a cheap way to get a really big one.

Yeah that's what im thinking! When I get back to the hobby, I want to check craigslist or anywhere else to find deals on things that could make a future setup cheaper! By the way, my favorite categories in the forums is the Tank Showcase and the DIY categories. I especially love build threads from start to finish. All the pictures and comments on the setup really inspire me to get back into the hobby!

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone! I have a question! When I made my earlier posts, I did put them into different paragraphs but once submitted, it bunched the whole thing into one big wall of text. Is there some special way to fix that?

-Edit-

Testing one two

-Edit-

I figured it out. I had to clear my cache and now it's letting me

Last edited:
Back