Hi All

Wozzle83

Reefing newb
Hi Everyone!

I got into the saltwater aquarium hobby about 2-3 months ago. I had a freshwater tank (5g kit from Walmart) which I was enjoying alot until I came across some saltwater forums whilst doing research on my freshwater tank. After a couple of months of reading I impulse bought (oops) a 46G bowfront which I started turning into a reef tank. The large tank was becoming a little overwhelming and costly so I did more research on reef tanks (nanos and picos in particular) and settled on a 4G tank.

Currently my 4G has just reached the end of its cycle and I'm in the process of selling off the contents of my 40G (mostly rock and CUC members, moving corals and some CUC to the 4G). My husband loves staring at the 40G so I'll be making it freshwater.

My 4G will most likely consist of zoas, mushrooms, ricordea and if light permits a frogspawn as a center piece. It will be home to a goby of some sort and hopefully a pom pom crab if I dont go with a goby/shrimp pair.

Looking forward to looking at other members aquariums, learning more and getting feedback on my pico as it progresses and I make a thread on it :grin:

P.S Wishing I had joined just a few weeks earlier. The pico contest looks like it would've been fun and an excellent way to join the community here!

Hello and welcome to the site! We haven't started the pico contest yet. It is set to begin in September. There is still time if you'd like to participate!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes :D

Hello and welcome to the site! We haven't started the pico contest yet. It is set to begin in September. There is still time if you'd like to participate!

Thanks, not sure I'm wanting 2 tanks right now but I'll keep that in mind.

Back