Hi Everybody I Am New To The Site But Not New To The Reefing Hobby!

ReedKnowsCorals

Reefing newb
Hi Everybody I Am New To The Site But Not New To The Reefing Hobby!

Here Is A Video Of My Tank:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_uIPqmYxk]Reeds 20 Gallon High Reef Tank! - YouTube[/ame]

Please Let Me Know What You Think Of My Tank!

All your set ups are beautiful. How often do you move your rocks around & does it bother the fish at all? I want to reposition my rocks but am concerned how it will effect my fish.

I also agree that giving the fish swimming room around rocks looks reaaly good.

How often ? If I wanted a change every week is that ok. Lets face it in the ocean don't things change ?

Also, Little Fish didn't you say in another thread that if you have soft corals dosing or testing isn't that necessary? I forgot what thread it was under corals.

if you only have soft corals you really dont need to test for calcium, iodine, mag, etc because soft corals dont use very much of those elements. If you have stony corals, then its important to test for them. But you always need to test for nitrates and pH.

And you can move your rocks once a week if that is what you really want, but most of us pick a scape that we like and leave it alone.

How often ? If I wanted a change every week is that ok. Lets face it in the ocean don't things change ?

Also, Little Fish didn't you say in another thread that if you have soft corals dosing or testing isn't that necessary? I forgot what thread it was under corals.

Sometimes you don't have a choice... you might need to rearrange to reach something for instance.

If you have soft corals, dosing generally isn't necessary, but you should always test.

EDIT: Damn ninja fish... :grumble:

Back