Hi everyone. New here to.

Thanks everyone for the comments on my gardens.
Those are just a few of hundreds of pics I have, but I would like to show you what I started with.
This is the walkway in the first pics with my cats.
The two lilys are still there. I didn't dig them up, it was the only flower on the place.
home12.jpg

And this is the start of them looking towards the house, December 2005
This is the tilling picture.
When I came from Az in 04 I brought a few plants with me. They are in the gardens also.
house3-1-05.jpg

Here is a lamp shade made of Pearl that I found at goodwill, I made it into a giant mushroom in a new little garden I started with Hyndrangea that I got for a dollar and some wildflower seeds thrown in for shade.
5-30-096.jpg

And I thought I would mention, the 125 gallon is inside the double window that you can see in the pic of the front of the house.

Here are the spider plant and crape mertyl that I started in pots yesterday.
8-16-09.jpg

The steel table where I put my house plants during the summer. They come inside in winter.
8-16-092.jpg

I build this potting bench out of 4x4s that we get free from a local company.
I have humming bird feeders hanging from it as it is in the shade most of the day. The milk cartons are used for starting cuttings, I cut out a hole in the top but leave the handles so that I can hang them by hooks up out of the way, and there are a few holes in the bottom for drainage.

8-16-091.jpg

The back and front I added an old unusable hose to add a holder for all my garden utensils to, I put screws through the hose making loops.
Under it on the ground in 1 1/2 gallon pots is Lantana that came up from seed in the gardens.

8-16-093.jpg

Morning Glories that have taken over crape mertyl in the gardens(I know mertyl is spelled wrong but nothing in my word check to spell it right).

8-16-0911.jpg

I bought one sweet potato and planted it in a worm bed and it has taken over the trellis.
8-16-099.jpg

Some potted plants that go into the green house that I keep heated in winter,
8-16-094.jpg

Well, guess that is all for now.
Hope you enjoyed seeing the pics.
Karen

Karen your gardens are beautiful and I love your Purple Martin houses. I miss them. I grew up in Oklahoma and had them there, but sadly out here in Tucson there aren't any. We do have a huge population of several different hummingbirds. They're everywhere, just like scorpions, tarantulas, havalina, and snakes!

Hi Dc, We moved here from Chandler 5 years ago, we lived out by SunLakes where I worked.
I bet Tucson is growing like crazy ha?
We had 20 acres in Chandler and sold out for houses to be built, that was when the boom hit. We got out just right.
The purple martin house is down right now because of big winds the last few days.
Need to put it back up.But I can't look up because of my neck so need to have hubby do it.
So, how do you like Tucson?

Hi Karen, I first lived in Tucson in 1989 after growing up in Oklahoma City. After 1 1/2 years here I was transfered to Houston by a Company I had work for a number of years. I got laid off and was stuck in Houston, thinking I've got to get back to Arizona. So with nothing I moved to Tucson and started over. Been here 17 years this time.

Tucson is getting big and is no longer that quant little town. Drug crime is rampant. But I still love the scenery and sunsets. I miss being able to have gardens though; can't grow anything in this heat.

Looks like you've done wonders with your place in just 5 years!

David, thanks for the reply.
I hated AZ. Just to hot there,. I was there 34 years and hated every summer of it.
And hated to irrigate as I grew alfalfa hay on my place.
And there it was hard to grow anything without irrigation, we get enough rain here to keep everything growing, allbut a few weeks out of the summer months when I have to water.
We are in the woods and so get a lot of rain.
And we are in white sand soil so that if perfect for growing about anything.
I am always amazed at what I can grow here with ease as apposed to Az where the same plant would struggle.
It is a really amazing place to live, but I am still learning how to keep the skeeters from biting and the ticks off the dogs.:)
I bet it has really grow there to. We go really tired of the illegal immigrants taking over our little Chandler, now they are moved into other places as Chandler grows up.
And like you see there, the crime rate was soaring when we where there.

I remember those Texas skeeters well.Smaller than the ones we've got around here.But what they lacked in size,they made it for in numbers,and you could hear em buzzin from a mile off when they started lining up on ya.:grumble:

Linen up on ya is sure right.
I get huge welts where they bit, then they form pus pockets. And I itch for days.
But I have found a great product that sells at first Monday.
It is called "Bite free" with all natural stuff in it.
Sure does the trick, but sometimes I forget to put it on and I then have to use "After bite" to keep the bumps and itch from setting in.
Also have trouble with many other bugs,scorpians and fire ants. So I have to constantly spray outside the house and around the plants.
And also put down stuff for the darn ants.
But I am getting them under control with the once a year stuff that works great.
That is the one bad thing "next to the humidity" the bugs.
And I am a sandal and shorts kind of gal so I am always swatting nats off my legs or ears. Yuck

Hiya Karen I live in Beaumont.Where in East Texas are you fom?I just joined this site this month too.Maybe I can pick ur brain sometimes since I am a rank beginner in the reefing community,but im here with an open ear and mind.......Doyle

Back