hi got a few questions

ksbiker1100

algae harvester
i am kinda new to this hobby, but have had the luck of having a friend that has been doing this for years. i jumped into this hobby full force and in 6 months have started 3 tanks. due to my wife's wonderful input i have had to set up more than one tank. i was wondering if a lion fish a snowflake eel and an octopus can all be put in the same tank?

Welcome! Octopus are extremely hard to take care of, have you researched all their care needs? I don't know much about them, but I think a few people here have had them. For one thing, make sure you have a NO gaps in your tank or they can squeeze out.

Welcome to the site.
I personally wouldnt put ANYTHING except for live rock in the tank with an octopus.

Yes, those may all be compatible, but as stated, I'd suggest you do a lot of reading before trying to keep an Octopus. They are escape artists. They can fit through anything that is the size of their eyeball, or larger so your tank has to have a tight-fitting screen across it's top. Also, there is not enough known yet in the hobby about the different species of octopus, so regardless of what they tell you at the LFS or online, chances are your octopus will likely get too large to keep as most octopus do not stay small but they all start small. They are also very curious creatures. They will take apart your powerheads and rearrange your aquascaping so you really have to plan your tank carefully to suit their needs. That said, cephalopods are my favorite sea creatures and I think if you have done your research to ensure that you are prepared to properly keep one, you should. Assuming that you agree to post lots of pics :)

my 100 gal is sealed all but air tight. not really set on getting one just wanted the opinion of people who are more experienced in this hobby. not real wanting to spend the money to have one creature in a tank on its own. so might just scratch that idea. thanks for your opinions and all the help sure ill have more questions in the future

Octopi should be kept in a tank dedicated to their needs. But the other fish should be fine together! A 100 gallon tank would make a great predator tank. You could keep several big fish in there.

Back