Hi Im new

Upload your pics to Photobucket first. Then copy and paste the

it keeps giving me an error code. can someone send me there email address and ill send it to them if they will post it for me

Try this first:

Go to "Go Advanced" below the reply box. Then click on the paper clip icon. Attach the photo directly from your computer.

Here are your pics prthd!

Sadly, i still have no tank, these are not mine : (

Attachments

• 0502001719.jpg
    0502001719.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 0502001719a.jpg
    0502001719a.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 182
the above pictures are of my 75 gallon i bought last weekend.i just added more live rock today, i still need to add some more. this is my first salt water tank, and im excited. i think it looks pretty good so far. any feedback would be greatful.

(thanks for posting the pics for me)

Nice aquascaping so far. Are your rock resting on the sand? Or on the glass? If they are on the sand, you should move them so that they are on the glass. Fish and inverts will move the sand around and can cause a rock slide if the rocks are sitting on top of the sand.

so had a little scare last night, ammonia shot up as well as my tank temp. i think it might of had something to do with the humidity and thunderstorms. but the temp is back down to 77, and the damsels seem to be going better.

You're going to see the ammonia spike, then slowly turn to nitrites then nitrates over around a 3-4 week period. This is the nitrogen cycle and all tanks have to go through this. It's also why the LFS guy told you not to add anything for 3-4 weeks, although it doesn't seem like they really explained this.

As for the temp issue, how old is your heater and is it a decent brand? Heaters are one of those things that just seem to poop out and act funny after awhile. If it's not a problem with the heater but rather the recent temp spikes we've been having (Ohio is close to Jersey.... kinda.) over the last few days, you can always blow a fan over the surface of the water to cool it down when it gets really hot.

Anyway, welcome to the site and the hobby!

Welcome, Like everyone has said above, take your time, it took me 3 weeks before my tank was completely settled to put any kind of animals in and 2 months before I actually put fish in!

but you will get there, the golden rule is 'nothing good happens quickly in a reef tank' So take it slow and whenever your not stocking or playing with your tank, come here and ask questions, so far everyone seems really nice :D

thanks JMCK, im addicted to this site all ready, i find myself at work stopping by and reading up on things.

Phins to the Left

Dave

oh and if any of the chat room people scroll the boards. i went and bought a copper test today and it read good. it was at the lightest color ( .5) if that.

Back