Hi just a quick question

nepellew

Reefing newb
Hi there ive just started my new marine aquarium and just wanted to know how to set it up to cycle it do i add the water then what my water is in and filters are running whats the next step :mrgreen:

+1 Brian

I hope you got a dropped test kit that tests for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates at least. Plus a refractometer to check your salinity.

What kind of filter are you running? The only filter you really need is the sand and rocks. Canister filters and sponge filters are ok, but most marine hobbyists avoid them because without routine maintenance, you will have water quality issues. You might want to opt for a skimmer instead.

Welcome to the site!

Hello and welcome! Are you by any chance located in Durban, South Africa? I used to live in Zimbabwe when I was a kid, and I have very fond memories of that part of the world!

Thanks every one i have a sponge called Pump Set Bioflow 280 and i got a resun Sk-05 skimmer i havent tested the water yet will do it when it has run in with the salt and anticholirene thanks for the replys

Back