hi new fowlr setup

I still think you can put together a nice tank that size with fun fish. If it were me, I'd look to put a pair of clowns (you really can only have 1 pair per tank), midas blenny, watchman goby or goby/snapping shrimp pair, and a small sixline wrasse.

You need to re-think the "get different kinds of clown fish". .. they don't get along well as a school... two...a larger one and a smaller one... is the safest hook up.

I think some people get away with up to three, or two the same size IF they introduce them at the same time... but it is a shot in dark if it will work.

In my case I was lucky to grab a large one that was a trade back to a LFS, then later I introduced a small one and they hit it off perfectly. .... and nothing picked on the little one because the large one defended it.

Last edited:
You should ass the clowns at the same time to decrease the risk of aggression toward the smaller (male) clown. You can also get two clowns that are the same size if they're juveniles.

And no, you should not try three clowns.

You should ass the clowns at the same time to decrease the risk of aggression toward the smaller (male) clown. You can also get two clowns that are the same size if they're juveniles.

And no, you should not try three clowns.

I've heard assing the clowns together completely avoids aggression. Haha

Back