Hi there!!...I'm a complete newbie to saltwater...

Yelostoner

Reefing newb
Hello All....

My name is Al. I've been an avid fish-keeper for years but have always stuck to freshwater fish, I have a 45 gal African Cichlid tank now that I would like to convert to a saltwater reef tank as I just can't get over how pretty they are....

I really am a newb at this so I pretty much need to know everything....all I really know is that my wife wants clown fish and anemones, as to how realistic that is I don't know.

Any help??

Welcome to the reef.:D
Clowns and anemones is completely doable.BUT,You've 10 months to a year before the tank will be ready for the anemone.

Welcome :) just go through the articles and read all the new posts and old posts that pop up. There is so much valuable information on here and you will learn very quickly.

Hi and welcome to the site!

Clowns would be great for your tank. But anemones are some of the toughest animals you can keep in this hobby. They do not do well in new tanks or small tanks, or tanks with low lighting.

Luckily, if it's the clown-host relationship you are looking for, there are lots of hardy (easy to keep and cheap) corals that clowns will happily host. Something like hairy mushrooms would be a better choice than an anemone.

Back