Hi...Total Newbie Here!

ReefyCane

SuperNewbie
Hi All,

I am really glad I found this place! I am looking to get into a saltwater setup and have been doing some research and looking around at our local shops. I think I'd like to start relatively small and the guys at the local shop suggested a 29g BioCube. He said it has everything I need for a nice setup. I kind of had sticker shock at their price (the BioCube with live rock, some sand, timers, and a few fish) and was wondering if you had any online suggestions?

I appreciate the time and help. I really would like to have inverterbrates and fish in the tank!

Thanks in advance,
ReefyCane

Hi Again,

I am pondering whether to purchase this setup:

This setup includes:
-72G Oceanic bow front aquarium.
-Matching stand.
-Custom Canope with dual fan.
-Halide light: 2*175W 20000K - PFO ballast - Bulbs replaced in August 2007.
-2 T5 96W actinics. (6 month old: light + ballast)
-Sump.
-Cyclone protein skimmer.
-Dual overflow boxes.
-2 powerheads.
-1 heater.

All for $400. Would you go for this? Of course I would need to start from scratch and need ALOT of HELP! :D

Thanks Again,
RC

OK I am attaching some pics of the setup.

Thanks,
RC

aquarium.jpg

aquarium2.jpg

aquarium3.jpg

Hi,

I tried to post pictures, but it said something along the lines of having to be approved.

Maybe it will post later?!

Anyways if I get this setup how do I go about starting it up?

Thanks,
ReefyCane

That is an AWESOME price for that setup. The lights alone are worth more than that, in my opinion.

Oh, and I approved your pics. It does that for new members since we get a lot of spammers.

Welcome to the reef.
That is a great deal.I'd jump all over it.
And we'd be more than happy to answer any questions about setting it up.

is it already set up and looks like that? or is it empty and that is just a reference pic? either way it is a smokin' deal and should be taken up fast. the set up is always the most expensive, although the more stupid things you try (and you will try your share) the more you will lose in livestock. Welcome to the forums and please ask as many questions as you want.

-Doc

Holy crap that is a awsome set up and the price... well the price is unbelievable. I would jump all over it like if I lived in Tennessee or Georgia and that was my sister. LMAO That one was for you yote.ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
if you do buy it ... give us a shout BEFORE you set it back up. there are a few things that i see that i would change, but other than that ... JUMP ON IT !!

Holy crap that is a awsome set up and the price... well the price is unbelievable. I would jump all over it like if I lived in Tennessee or Georgia and that was my sister. LMAO That one was for you yote.ROTFLMAO

Your thinking about them folks over in Alabama,Bobby.:toothy12:

Wait a second,Do cousins count?:12:

Back