Hi

Aaron1142

Reefing newb
Hello people I've just got my first marine tank I've had tropical and fresh water but we all no it's about the Salt water with the beautiful fish and corals .ive set it all up and my ammonia and nitrite is 0 but my nitrate is 100 .how do I get this down? And how do I get my water tempature down to as it a tad high for my liking.? If anyone could give me a few pointers it would be much help :D

Hello and welcome!

What is your temperature currently?

Water changes and nutrient export (whether through skimming or biological (marco algae) means) are the only way to get rid of nitrates.

Okay... that's warm.

You can try a small desk fan blowing across the top of the water. The evaporation will lower the temp quite a bit. Barring that, a chiller might be your best bet.

Ok cool it's only because I Heated the tank to the rite temperature without turning the lights on then obviously the heat of the lights made it rise to high

That's a little high. I would raise your lights if possible, in conjunction with lowering your temp settings.

For those who don't know, ℃ to ℉ is t(℃)x1.8+32 and ℉ to ℃ is t(℉)x(5/9)-32.

Yeah I'm going to get a new set of LEDs just got to raise the money as there gonna cost nearly1000 !!! My lights r a little to close together and to the water and currently a close top and I want an open top

Back