High Calcium Help

Ace5high

Reefing newb
Its been a little while since I have tested my reef tank parameters since the tank has been doing incredibly well.

I just ran a few basic tests only because its been a little while and heres what I got:

Cal - 540ppm
KH - 125ppm
PH - 7.8

Phos, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia all undetectable levels.

All Corals, inverts and fish are doing fabulously. Corals and inverts are growing very quick.
I have a ora birds nest that has probably tripled in size in the past year as well as a good 6" maxima clam that has been growing, the rest are LPS and so forth.

Im not using any calcium supplements or any other additives, just doing 20% water changes about 1x per month.

I would think the large clam and sps would have kept cal levels a little lower so im slightly surprised, So Im just wondering if I should be concerned about the high level of calcium?

Thanks guys!

540 isnt dangerously high, are you sure your test for calc is accurate? Hard to believe your baseline salt mix contains 540 calc.

Not 100% sure, but ive used the same kit to test other tanks and cal #s have been in line with what those systems were running... So I believe its accurate.

I did buy a bag of Corallife marine salt recently because I couldn't find my normal Instant Ocean. When I was using the Instant Ocean it was running about 420

Back