High end SPS frags

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
I know some of you guys are into the high priced ORA frags and the like. As it stands now, I don't have a coral in my tank I paid more than $30 for. Most were $15 to $20.
Well, I have a chance to pick up a Tyree LE 20,000 Leagues lokani frag. But....1/2" frag for $50, 1" for $70.

So what would you high end SPS freaks do?

I just dont think I would pay 50 bucks for a 1/2" frag.Unless it was sprouting pure gold.
One thing I have learned from helping at the LFS,is that the only difference is where it cultured and who grew it and maybe the name they give it.

They are nice Capt I just picked one up for $60, they are wicked slow growers though from what I hear and are very sensitive to lighting conditions, Im still aclimating mine up an inch or so a week.

My good friend runs a business called Midwest Frags, www.midwestfrags.com

His stuff is amazing, he's super knowledgeable... and he doesn't sell a single thing that's not just amazing quality, no matter what it is!

Really cool, but you guys are nuts, in a cool way. Thers no way id pay that much for a frag, but I guess it's no different than what some people pay for some crazy chalice, zoo and monti frags.

Does midwest frags have a store because I would so drive there from Saint Louis to pick up my stuff. Or, could I goto where ever it is and pick it up?

They run the store out of their basement (as you can see in their pics) They would love to have anyone who wants to drop by, I'm going there this sunday, I can't wait!

Their house is like a huge fish tank. They have a 270 (i believe?) in their living room, which is plumbed to their basement clear on the other end of the house. And they have tons of tanks connected to that. And upstairs their son has a 90g that's insane, and a 40g that has so many zoas and acans in it, it's crazy. He used to feed each acan mouth individually, this is a family that LOVES coral. :P

Hell yeah im goin there. I'll have to set up a time so I can do it there frags are sick its like nothing ive ever seen here.

Thanks guys.
I just dont think I would pay 50 bucks for a 1/2" frag.Unless it was sprouting pure gold.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I need to be talking into this...lol
They are nice Capt I just picked one up for $60, they are wicked slow growers though from what I hear and are very sensitive to lighting conditions, Im still aclimating mine up an inch or so a week.
I think we might have the same source.
yote, its all about lineage
This frag originally came from Hugo Zuniga (SniperSPS). It's the real deal.
My good friend runs a business called Midwest Frags, www.midwestfrags.com

His stuff is amazing, he's super knowledgeable... and he doesn't sell a single thing that's not just amazing quality, no matter what it is!
He has nice stuff, but pretty expensive compared to what I can get at our club swaps. Plus $45 flat rate shipping is pretty high.
Really cool, but you guys are nuts, in a cool way. Thers no way id pay that much for a frag, but I guess it's no different than what some people pay for some crazy chalice, zoo and monti frags.
Your not helping...lol. I need to be talked into this purchase...lol.

OK, I pulled the trigger. I couldn't take the pressure!
This WAS going to be a swap where I finally would come home with more $ than I left with. Not now....lol And I only reserved 3 corals! (all LE, Super Rare, Fancy Named, Overpriced and Colorful :mrgreen: )
ive spent more, i think i paid 90 each for my birds of paradise and my red planet
Don't look here.....:shock:
(http://www.fragswapper.com/trades.asp?SwapperKey=458&Page=2)

Back