Hiiii, this is my 29 gallon :)

little_tuna

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, many of you already know me from helping me out with all my many questions and thank you all for your help, you have really made me fall in love with this site :luxlove:

I finally have my 29 gallon (soon to be reef) up and running after many decision makings and unmakings with quite a few buys and returns from my lfs. This is my first saltwater tank so im pretty excited. I originally had a 20 gallon sump/refugium built but got too paranoid about anything overflowing and flooding my 2nd floor apartment. So I settled with a HOB Aquafuge with an Aquaticlife mini Skimmer put in it.

Heres my equipment:

-30" Coralife Lunar Aqualight with two PCs: 65 watt 10000K and 65 watt True Actinic with moon lights
-Aquaticlife mini skimmer, its only rated for 30 gallons but they have really good reviews from people using them on 29 gallon tanks
-150w theo hydor heater
-CPR HOB Aquafuge with a JBJ Macro Glo light
-Sicce Voyager 1
-about 35lbs live sand and 13lbs live rock for now

What do you think? Any suggestions??

DSCN1403.jpg

I bought this stand for 50 bucks off craigslist. Sanded it down and painted it to match the rest of our furniture with new hinges and knob :cheerful:

These pics are with the moon lights
DSCN1401.jpg

DSCN1394.jpg

These are with just the 10000K, (too bright for pics with both bulbs on)

DSCN1390.jpg

My 13lbs of live rock :mrgreen: will get more soon. Probably around 35lbs or so

DSCN1388.jpg

My Fuge with skimmer in it

DSCN1386.jpg

I have some LS Cheato and LR rubble in it

Empty-
DSCN1369.jpg

..aaaaand this was my original set up if i were not so paranoid
DSCN1334.jpg

I like it! I need to get that light for my fuge great idea.

I like the rock structure looks like it will be fun for some fishy in the future I also started with a few rocks and have slowly added which I like because you get to sculpt it as you go.
I recommend ordering your rocks from Tampa Bay saltwater they come with tons of life on them really neat to get actual creatures right out of the ocean like that.

I like it! I need to get that light for my fuge great idea.

I like the rock structure looks like it will be fun for some fishy in the future I also started with a few rocks and have slowly added which I like because you get to sculpt it as you go.
I recommend ordering your rocks from Tampa Bay saltwater they come with tons of life on them really neat to get actual creatures right out of the ocean like that.

Thank you. I cant wait to get more rocks to build with. This macro light is good but the only thing is that it shines light in the main tank at night because its up so high. I bought it used with the fuge but i might look in to a different light later on

Who built your original sump and what were the dimensions? Tank looks great

I built it out of a 20 gallon which fit perfectly in my stand. I dont remember the dementions of it but i think my baffles were all 12 in tall. I just placed my skimmer, pump, and everything in it and moved my baffles in place to fit it.

Here is another pic i had of it
DSCN1343.jpg

Back