Hiiiii

Yes, my tank is for sale. It's 218 gallons. It comes with a stand and lights. Keep in mind, that even though my tank is much larger than yours, some of the fish you currently have will outgrow it too.

I used to have a unicorn tang in it too, but she got too big for it within a year of me having her. She was getting sick and listless, and I had to give her away. If a 218 gallon tank is too small for a unicorn tang, then the 70 gallon you're keeping your tangs in is definitely too small.

dang so how big of a tank do i have to get just to keep my unicorn fish??i dont mind getting rid of the others its since they act stuck up when i put my hand in the tank

but my unicorn is the only one that lets me touch him

dang so how big of a tank do i have to get just to keep my unicorn fish??i dont mind getting rid of the others its since they act stuck up when i put my hand in the tank

but my unicorn is the only one that lets me touch him
well unicorns can get upwards of two feet so id say a tank ATLEAST 8'x3' (4' would be better)x 2'

Here are a few for you...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Ah yes, those are pictures of my tank, stand and lights. Although the stand no longer has doors. I found that the wood I used to make the doors was too thin, and they started to warp.

beautiful tank but its not big enough for the unicorn tang right?? and do they even sell tanks bigger then your 218??

and Dustin where would i find a 8'x4 tank?

biff do you have any idea what kind of tank i have?? i know its acrylic with a wet dry system ( i think) in the back everything was build in the tank and nothing was modded or added extra except the cannister filter i added
but im thinking i just might have to clean the tank a little then take pics of the back to get a better idea of it

but im leaving to grab some pizzas and watch the game (Lakers vs Magic) so RcPilot dont worry about me ill be back later tonight or tommorrow morning :p

If you want a 4x8 tank and you are handy, you could build it yourself. A sheet of glass is 4x8 so if you buy 3 whole sheets and 2 half sheets, you can silicone them together and like magic, you have yourself a giant tank. You'll of course need to build a stand to reinforce the joints.

Building a tank and stand of that size is a not small task. There is a lot of good info out there, but it will take some good studying on your part.

Thanks for being a real sport on the initial posts, I would like to welcome you to our community and hope you have fun and find a lot of good information here. Should you ever have any difficulties on our site please feel free to E-mail or PM me anytime. again welcome and glad you have found us.

Back