Hippo with ich

My yellow tang had what I think was black ich; he died (but he was also a new fish, and wasn't well anyway).

Either way, my advise stands -- either leave him be and hope for the best, or treat him (and all the fish in the tank) with copper or hyposalinity AND leave the tank fallow for a few weeks to truly get rid of it. If he does have ich, and he's super sensitive, it will not stop reoccurring until you kill off the parasites. If he survives it, then he'll be stronger for it.

It's a 120 long, and the tang is small like 3-4 inches.

Wontflip, sorry to hear about your tang. Was he eating before he went?

My tang is eating allll the time, he's full of ich right now and it doesn't even bother him, no flashing, and eats great. I just notice he takes more naps now.

Oh yeah...he ate like a pig as soon as I put him in....but I also pulled him out to treat him which is what killed him in the end. Which is why I'm careful where I buy my livestock now because I don't plan on pulling out all my fish to kill off any parasites or diseases at this point...so I'm sure there's ich in there; but they're stress free so it doesn't show up. Any new livestock I get has to be from a good source so I'll know they can handle the stress of the new tank.

Back