Hitch hiker help!

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I have 4 different hitch hikers on my new live rock. Well, they all look kinda similar, but are different colors.

They have a ring of tentacles and a mouth in the middle. The tentacles have little bulbs on the tips. At first thought, I figured maybe majano, but these don't look like any majanos that I've ever seen.

One is pink, one is bright yellow, and two are white. They are small and my new tank has so much depth to it, that it's tough to get a good picture. But I tried.

In the first three pictures, it's in between the mushrooms, it's kinda got white dots.

091507001.jpg

091507002.jpg

091507003.jpg

This is a picture of the yellow one.

091507005.jpg

Any ideas?

I never seen a majano in person til recently.They are quite beautiful and don't have the aggressive sting like aptasia but are still considered pest anemones since they multiply like crazy.

If they start to multiply like crazy then I say Majano.If not,I say Ricordea,the second pic sure looks ricordea like.Look at my Sexy/schroom pic-looks similar to it.

Yeah I thought of ricordea/frilly mushroom of soom sort... They are so small right now, we'll have to wait and see. I know exactly where all 4 of them are, so they will be easy to keep track of in case SOMEONE decides to get out of hand... ;)

I think that the first pic is a type of cup coral.BTJMO.

And I'd lay money that the last pic is majano.

Im like Reef,I like the looks of majano.But have yet to figure out why the consider it a pest.I got 2 of them my zoa rock that was on there when I got the rock.There right in the middle of the zoas and dont seem to bother them any.

its at the top of the last rock to the right where i was zooming in and out.the rock has some coralins on it

im really confused on what i was supposed to be seeing in the video

biff when i started reading the thread i thought there were no pics, i was like no freakin way, scrolled down and was all whew! I know your smarter than that :)

Okay, I was able to ID the first one... When I turned the lights off, it completely opened up to about the size of a nickel. Turns out it's a "Caribbean corallimorph" (Pseudocorynactis, spp.) -- a type of shroom. It's clear with white bubbles on it. Yay! What I also didn't notice is that there's another one right behind it. So two of the five are good guys.

Here are some pics off the web of what it really is:

pseudocorynactiscaribbeorum.jpg

marine_mystery02_www.jpg

The other three, well it seems that the concensus is majano :(. I'll keep an eye on them!

The rocks that the hitch hikers came on are from my LFS. I have only found one hitch hiker on the Drs. Foster and Smith rock so far, and it looks to be aiptasia :(.

Back