Hitch hiker snail

ZyberGoby

Because I'm clever
So on my hunt for corals yesterday after work i went to the first stop on my list to see about A frag of Favia for JustinReefTank and some other things I said I would try and pick up and share with him. So I ended up getting a shroom rock and it looked cool enough. There were shells on the rock that looked like they all were just part of the rock. Then I saw a Bumble Bee snail come off from under the rock I was like ok that's cool... Then this shell moves I'm like umm ok another snail. So I gently removed the snail from the rock. I tried looking it up with shell like descriptions no Luck :( so now im asking you all for some help please:bowdown:
IMAG1075.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

What I ended up getting will be posted on my page. Also thanks every one for the help on this snail
just want to know if i should relocate this guy to the refugium or not.

Looks like some sort of conch snail...some of them are cool, some are bad.

yeah I thought so as well bro. Just cant find out what type the bugger is:grumble:

It's right now eating mad amounts of waist and the vary little hair algae i have and the cyno.i just dont want to come home one day and the thing ate my corals you know lol

Do you have a fuge to throw it in?

yeah I'm going to put the F'er in there because in my hunts it looks a lot like a Murex Snail also so i will be pulling that bitch and relocating just to be safe. Though i would not mind if it ate that damn Royal Gramma for me hahahaha.... that asshole is being nippy to my corals and clowns

it was a murex snail took the bitch to my LFS and has the owner look at it and told me He's glad I cough it now they are like coral vampires and will eat damn near any thing and every thing in my tank.

Sounds like the last thing you would want in your tank, thats awesome you got him out and without having to rearrange your rock work.

Yeah that would of sucked big time as I love the way my aquascape is atm just sucks when I get the cube it will change do to the size of the tank.

Back