Hitch Hikers Guide To My Galaxy

Alexander

Reef enthusiast
I picked up about 15 pounds of rock today and after putting it in the tank I noticed that i had ended up picking up what appeares to be 2 btittle stars.... but with 6 legs? they are about 3.5 inches across and look similar in color to my zebra brittle star in my other tank, just not near the size and equipped with an extra leg. I tried a couple of hitch hiker pages including the one that Bobby had linked in his thread and i could not id them. does anyone know anything about these stars?

you know I already thought of that. however I don't know if you know or not since you don't have one, but they hate light. so they went into hiding right away

I've heard the same as Yote, however they are usually tiny and don't look like brittle stars. I'd leave them in and watch to see what they do. If they don't eat your corals, then you're okay, but if you start to see stuff disappearing or looking munched on, then I'd take them out.

ill see what happens. and ill look there too yote. have not ever seen it there before and I'm there all the time, however that doesn't mean I've seen the whole thing :) so ill do a search. I would say they will not survive the cycle, but they probably will.

hmm well it looks like i cant find much myself and nobody else seems to know a whole lot wither sadly, I guess i will just keep my fingers crossed and my eyes open :11:

If there 6 legged brittles I would'nt worrie too much but if they look like a tanish flat star with 6 legs I heard some are bad and some are good. Kind of a toss up which aint good for a reef tank.

Back