Hitchhiking anemone?

So what then? Post some more of these better shots of it open if you can...

I'll try to get a pic of it open tomorrow, but it isn't opening fully yet because of the medication I tried to kill it with when I thought it was something else. I did just feed it and move the rock it has been attached to over to the other side of the tank so that might help.

I talked to the store where I bought the LR from today - they said they found the exact same type of anemone on another piece of rock in their pool. Theirs and mine have been the only time they have seen or heard of the customers getting this type of anemone. They have since moved it into reef aquarium with small fish and so far it hasn't even tried to catch anything. Mine has been a good citizen as well and started to come back from the misidentified dosing of medication that I gave it. I'm going to try to get some more pictures tomorrow with the lights on now that it has started to fully open up. Unfortunately, they could not identify it as anything more then a variation of a rock anemone.

i think it looks like a juvinile version of one of these, its a warty rock anemone

Attachments

• rockanemone.jpg
    rockanemone.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 880
Good call Zoot - not sure if it is a juvenile or just a variation but here's a picture from today during feeding time.

DSC00285.jpg

Now if I could only get my camera to focus on the objects I'm trying to take pictures of instead of the rock all the time....

Back