hitchiker ID help

kevinsimons

Reefing newb
I noticed these two guys on my new mushroom mountain - are they good witches or bad witches - and... what are they called???
hitchiker.jpg

just in case the boiling water trick doesn't work (and so far, they seem unfazed) - can somebody provide a recipe and application method for kalk paste?

I let one of them grow in my tank until it was big enough to really see the base and get a knife in there. I cut it off the rock and dug it's guts out of the hole with an exacto knife. Then I took a masonry drill bit and drilled into the hole with my cordless drill. Killed it dead. Haven't seen any signs of it in about 2 months.

DIE FILTHY HITCH HIKER SCUM!!!!! :chair:

Remove the rock,mix kalk or salt with a bit of water to make a paste and smear on the majano.They are really not as bad as aiptasia since they either have no sting or a very weak one.They can spread fast but the one in my tank has never spread in over a years time.Too me,they kinda pretty.

So - besides spreading - what makes them "bad"? I have a long-tentacled plate coral that stung me VERY bad (hurt all the way up to my elbow for several hours...

I started with one majano and within the last 6 months it multiplied to over 2 dozen. Kill it. I've been working on mine with kalk paste. Slowly getting their numbers down.

Boiling water didn't work (applied via a turkey baster); I bought some hypodermic needs to inject them with ... fill in the blank? Don't really want to dump $15 on LFS remedies (Kalkwasser or that juice stuff) when something as simple as lemon juice, or baking soda or similar, might do the trick.

Kevin,If you got any kind of calcium suppliment,just inject them with that.A straight dose of calcium will do a number on em.

Exacto knife works real good guys n gals.

Just cut the head off or slice it off on the body and then dig in there and use the exacto like a corkscrew. Twist it in and dig it around. Cut the little bastard out of the rock.

I am not crazy about putting "juice" or other stuff in my tank. Try the knife-- I'm tellin' y'all, it works!!

Back