hmm coral choice ?

Scots_art

Reefing newb
Ok so for those of you who have seen my diary and the tank picture ...... incase you have not here is a picture of the tank ( sorry fairly old pic )

3dd664a5-9ce2-48df-82f4-132222e89206.jpg

my problem is coral suited for the area thats bare ...

my RBTA is roughly in the same place , and i now have a duncan frag and blasto frag to the right of the RBTA ( out of reach ) and the bit of rock on the right i since added an other part of Aquaroche rock to make it taller for possibly Branching / plating Montiporia.

the problem area is above the RBTA / to the right of the RBTA and in front ( especially in front ) .. i know it does not look like it , but i do have room for corals ... the area in front of the MP10 ( just bellow and to the right ) is in high flow / direct flow if it was a tall coral ... so i am not sure if there is anything suitable for there.
but i am struggling to find other corals that could go up on the top of the rock work that likes bright light and more of a gentle / random flow.
as now an then a stronger current will move across the top of rock work.

i am wanting to avoid adding twigs as to be honest i do not find twigs interesting what so ever , the only SPS i like is the branching , plating and encrusting monti lol.

and i will be avoiding zoa corals , even with gloves on if my exposed skin goes into water with zoas i start reacting and itch , skin swells , finger joints stiffen up and i itch until i draw blood . so no zoa suggestions please lol.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

i have a couple of Acans , Acan lords . and an Acan echinata which had to be put down the bottom of the tank . The Acan lord is where the Lobo is in the picture as sadly i lost the Lobo , it was not eating and started to recede back to skeleton , and then started to go faster and faster.

I will be getting more Acans anyway so i will stick one up on top and see if it settles.
I have seen an amazing tooth coral for sale , thats pink with fluorescent green polyps , just its high aggressive so i would need to watch it getting to close to the RBTA ...
or they have a flame orange polyp Leptastrea.

Well i was going to be ordering a green with purple tip branching hammer , so i can stick that up on the rock and see what happens.
and i am always on the look out of nice ultra grade Mini Maxi nems , but here in the UK they can be fairly expensive even for mini maxi nems that are "" basic "" colour morphs , depending on where you buy them.

Ive seen one for sale thats nearly $70 USD and then $20 delivery .

Back