hmmm.. to get or not to get...

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
that is the question.

There is a guy selling a 1 1/2 inch peacock mantis shrimp in our town for $24 but is willing to haggle the price. Brent's been wanting to setup a mantis tank because he thinks they are cool but he didn't want the normal "brown" guys....

is this a good deal? if so I could put him in my QT for the time being while he gets the tank finished....

is that a good deal on one?

The price is GREAT IMO. Make sure you do some reaserch on the type your going to purchase. I know the peacock needs a 30g or bigger tank. Take all the proper precautions. The peacock might make a burrow in your substrate so make sure u put plexiglass on the bottom. I dont wanna ruin your thread but PM me if you need any advice.

awesome! :D he has a 30 gallon he was gonna setup as a goby tank (even tho i told him gobies don't get along lol) and we have tons of plexiglass places around here :) I'm not 100% sure its a peacock since there are tons of rainbow-y mantis' but he said he'd emai me a pic in the morning

Post that pic. I'll help ya try to i.d it. I love these guys. Wish I had more room I'd start another tank for the spearing kind.

Back