Hob Vs Under Tank Fuge

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
i am looking to get a fuge. i have a 55 gal AGA reef tank. i am going back and forth on which fuge shall i get. what are the disadvantages between this two set up?

don't know but both are costly but i went on ebay and there was a store on there called usa aquarium that i bought my hang on refugium cheap it is 25" X 4" X 12" and it was only 45.00 bucks there is a guy who sells them cheap cause all it is is acrylic cut to size with plumbing hardware acrylic cement and rubberbands to hold together while you put it together. sounds cheasy but worth it for the price easy to put together plus there are under tank sumps cheap to. Dont know the advantages between two except under tank supposed to be better cause you can go bigger but my 125g stand has drawers and cabinets under it so i did hang on i got some pics in my photo gallery if you want to see, i'm sure brandon or someone could help you on which is best.

i've got the CPR aquafuge pro and i do like it however if i had a it to do all over again i would definately go with an under tank fuge. the water volume alone makes it worth it + it's a great place to grow out frags.

me to but my stand for my 125 has drawer and shelfs in it limited on space but in another year or two when i buy a bigger house definetely doing sump with a bigger reef tank.

I to have a CPR aquafuge pro,and it has been a great addition. My tank is pretty small so this why I made the choise of a hob.A hob is conveniant and get the job done.A full under the tank refugium will give you better water volume and less nutrients do more bigger water volume,and you can drop your heaters,and skimmer there also.A under the tank will need a overflow to be setup if you tank is not drilled.Overflows generate alot more noise since the water constantly draining,also if the power drops out you can have big mess on the floor.Hopefully some others will add more opinions here

Back