Hola!

fc_uk

Reefing newb
Suppose I ought to do this as I plan on sticking around. I am sure I will need a lot of help and hope to be able to give back to the community once I have more experience under my belt.

My tank (and history)

So, I've wanted a saltwater aquarium for about 10+ years. However, due to the fact that I knew my wife and I were going to be frequently moving across the country due to her eventual work and training, I always had to table the idea. So, she finally finished her training this July, which means we have finally become stationary. We decided to settle down in Jacksonville, FL. For my birthday in August, my wife bought me a 75 gallon tank (she loves me and knows I have been wanting one :) ).

The tank was actually a custom build from a guy at a lfs. He built the tank, got it running, had a few fish in it, then realized he really had no use for it. The tank et al got put in Craig's list and snatched up by us.

So, for me it's time to put 10 years of dreaming and research to work!

About me

I'm really just a big kid in a candy store. In real life I play a chemist for pharmaceutical companies. So, when it comes to water chemistry, I like to pretend that I know what is going on and can generally figure out some clever ways to cheat things.

When my wife and I lived back in Michigan, we had a massive koi pond, which I was eventually able to get clear water in year round with very little maintenance. Though the freezing winters were a struggle every year.

When I am not at my day job putting the scientific side of my brain to work, I tend to find myself DJ'ing just about where ever I can. Music that interests me would be best left as electronic dance music. It's a great release from the stress of what I do and it gets the creative side of my brain a workout!

So, anyway ... Hola everyone!

Back