Holy Bubbles Batman!!!

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
Well I think I have 3 little bubble algae. 1 is by itself and then there are 2 together. Funny thing is they are on my original piece of live rock :pissed: now, I know that emerald crabs will tidily dispose of BA but.... Reality Check!!! Do I really need to add to the 10's bioload? I'm not a crab fan either. It took me forever to get up the guts to get the teensy micro hermits. One is so tiny he is in a dwarf cerith shell! The other is in a very small Nass shell. Since it's only 3 BA I see, should I brave the bratty blenny and tweeze them off?

Last edited:
If there are only a few, I would remove them (carefully) by hand. You can sometimes scrape them off or grab them by the tendrils that are holding them on to the rock.

My trigger is scared of the net so anytime I need to do something in the tank I stick it in there. He hides until I take it out.

Yeah I say crate the s.o.b. :D that way the brat can swim up to you and bite you or pop the damn things when your trying to get them out. You know I'd help if I only could :(

two other methods are available, one is get a small syringe from you Dr or Vet and drain them first, or try using superglue, put it on and let it set for a few minutes and just peel them off, keep on it because they are a nightmare if they get out of control

Well. I got the BA off the rock but I think I popped the big one. Greeeattt
well isn't it great when your clean up crew is on strike. Damn them I'm almost tempted to get a damn mantis from my LFS and whipe them out and start with new crew lol. But them mantis shrimp freak me out so I think not. Any who I hope the bubble algae does not come back. Maybe when you get the light bulb I got you things will get better all around:Cheers:

well isn't it great when your clean up crew is on strike. Damn them I'm almost tempted to get a damn mantis from my LFS and whipe them out and start with new crew lol. But them mantis shrimp freak me out so I think not. Any who I hope the bubble algae does not come back. Maybe when you get the light bulb I got you things will get better all around:Cheers:

My CUC isn't on strike. I just don't have anything that eats BA lol peps serpent star 2 micro hermits and snails of several varieties!!! I saw another small BA after tweezing the other 3 so I'll be getting that tonight. Beaker behaved too. He was too pissed about the bags floating with the new ric, Xenia and palys lol

My CUC isn't on strike. I just don't have anything that eats BA lol peps serpent star 2 micro hermits and snails of several varieties!!! I saw another small BA after tweezing the other 3 so I'll be getting that tonight. Beaker behaved too. He was too pissed about the bags floating with the new ric, Xenia and palys lol
Well yours may not be but mine are. When I feed the kids they steel there food:grumble:. Apposed to eating the kid's poo and algae growth. Well all but Judge Arrow Dredd of the Dredd Enforcement Agency. Every thing is GUILTY in his eyes hahahaha.

But yeah the Judge is the only one ever doing any thing. Ever scents I got him my sand bed, rock and every thing has never looked better. Sure he ate a small hermit but I don't mind the hermit was probably slacking off. The Judge is the law and if you could hear him he would sound just like Stallone. Like when Stallone says " I am the law" in the 1995 block buster film Judge Dredd lmao. :mrgreen:

Well Karen I really hope your BA does not come back

Back