ran out and grabed me a new tank.....this one has a wider webing in the brace
PIC-0231.jpg

started grabbing anything clean and that would hold water
PIC-0235.jpg

PIC-0236.jpg

and here it is half drained and still more rock to find a place for
PIC-0237.jpg

PIC-0238.jpg

man I didnt grab as many pics as I should but I was working to get all the water in and warmed up so i could get my 5 fish out of a ten gallon styraphone container
here is is back up and going
PIC-0239.jpg

PIC-0241.jpg

everyone seems to be happy
PIC-0240.jpg

by the way these pics were taken with the cell cause my camera went dead right before I took my first picture.....It was a great night all around....yep thank god I was home when it popped

Thanks I just knew that the front glass was going to go on me and man what a mess that would have been.....well the good that came out of this was I was able to clean some of the rock that had some alge growth that I couldnt reach...... had another go at aqua scapeing and was easy with all new sand and all the rock out , Made a u shape this time so there is more room out front for fish and the goby to sift some sand..........and I was able to find all my snails and saved a tone of bristle stars I found after taking the rock up..... everything looks to have made it through my dragon goby was freaked out for a while though....and now theres no alge for my lawnmower blenny so ill have to feed him some sheets
all perameters look good nad a small spike but I changed some water out and it snapped back by this morning.....
Man is that new tank nice and clean:D

Wow that does look nice. I think you may have set a record for taking down and resetting up a tank.

Got a pic of what you did, VA? That'd be interesting to see.

Sure Wonton here are a few pics of the metal clips and threaded rod used. The metal was some metal strapping from home depot. Also got the threaded rod, washers, nuts, thumbscrews etc there too.

Attachments

• 030710_18271.jpg
    030710_18271.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 217
  • 030810_19131.jpg
    030810_19131.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 030710_18261.jpg
    030710_18261.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Wow that does look nice. I think you may have set a record for taking down and resetting up a tank.

Sure Wonton here are a few pics of the metal clips and threaded rod used. The metal was some metal strapping from home depot. Also got the threaded rod, washers, nuts, thumbscrews etc there too.
I thought about that but didnt want the rust out that may have come because of the metal over the water

I cut mine out because it really messed up the lighting. Otherwise I woulda left it alone. I haven't gotten around to painting it black yet either. There are 2 of em so one can be removed for maintenance like painting or replacing. When I first did this experiment I did what a guy at LFS told me. "Oh just superglue this piece of glass across it." Fill the tank and pow....drain the tank clean out glass. I really shoulda known better.

Cool idea....no rust issues? Aren't you worried about any water rusting it and dripping into the tank?

Back