Holy Crap...What Is This?????

Well, this morning I looked at the live rock in the sink and no Mantis was seen. I guess I can assume he's still in the tank. I've ordered one of the Mantis traps. Should be here in a couple days or so and that will be another fun experience I'm sure. My tank has several emerald crabs in it. I've also got tons of snails, hermit crabs and some other red crabs too. I'll just have to wait and see what happens from here. This hobby is damn discouraging at times. Lol.

hmmm, maybe he is gone then. Did you check the live rock in all of the crevices? there is a chance it may be dead in there. BTW, don't put that rock back into the tank, you will get an ammonia spike. If you want to use it, cure it again

-Doc

hmmm, maybe he is gone then. Did you check the live rock in all of the crevices? there is a chance it may be dead in there. BTW, don't put that rock back into the tank, you will get an ammonia spike. If you want to use it, cure it again

-Doc

Thanks Doc. I'm gooing to check tonight when I get home to see if I can find the guy in the rock crevaces somewhere. I'm not planning on using the rock again. A waste I know but that's what it's gotta be. Oooh, maybe I'll tkae it back to the LFS as a thanks for the free Mantis Shrimp. Those people have me pissed right now. I know it's hard to keep everything from going through the cracks. Maybe next time I'll do my own treatment of my rock before putting it in. Ah well, hellz bellz.

I have taken rock back for them to cure for me in the past at my LFS. Maybe you could try that. I hate to see people wasting money on more rock when they already have some. Of course, you never know what may come back on your rock...:mrgreen:

-Doc

Well, it's about 9 o'clock here and I finally got home and took a hammer to the two pieces of rock I removed. And to my suprise I actually found the little bastard! He's about the size of a quarter. Much bigger than I had initially thought. I've got him in a plastic bag now in the freezer so I can take him back to the LFS and see what they can do. I'm pretty sure he's the cause for my missing vlamingi tang and now my purple fire fish. The reef seems much happier now that he's out of there. So, I'm one happy MoFo tonight. Woohoo, rumNcoke for me!

Here he is:
DSCN1115.jpg

And here's the beautiful piece of rock I demolished to get him:
DSCN1116.jpg

man, re-cure that rock and put it back in the tank !! it will be fine after it is cured again. glad you found him and he did not get your fingers !!

I got the RROD but I should be back in business either this week or next.Man,I've been waiting over a month now.My gamertag is ''Dominickchino''.

ohshit, that sucks. i finally got it on mine after about a year and a half. luckily i bought the warranty from best buy. took it back and they gave me a brand new one on the spot. also got an extra hard drive and controller. couldn't beat it. i'll see you online in a week. look for the friend request from SneakyMrSneaky

Back