Holy Crap...What Is This?????

btw im glad you got that shrimp situation taken care of. hopefully your lfs is willing to do something for you. surprised it was so small. imagine what a larger one could have done!

Tell me about it. I'm considering myself very lucky to have snagged the right rock and very lucky again he didn't rock hop on me. I'm headed to the LFS tomorrow to make some waves. I'm sure I'll be coming home with more fish and corals ;-)

Did you boil him? He looks thoroughly cooked to me... Eat him! That would be the best means of getting him back for eating your fish! I remember someone saying in japan they ate mantis shrimp...

Did you boil him? He looks thoroughly cooked to me... Eat him! That would be the best means of getting him back for eating your fish! I remember someone saying in japan they ate mantis shrimp...

Hmm, I dunno about that. It sat dead in the rock for a day in my kitchen sink. I've also heard not to ever eat anything that's been in your fishtank. Something about the chemicals and stuff in there. I am going to take Biffer's idea and buy some clear nail polish and turn him into a paperweight.

Well, here's a classic update:

I obviously have the mantis shrimp in hand ready to go back to the LFS so I figure that I'd catch two of my green chromis while I'm at it and get a few more colorful fish. Now that my tank is totally predator free of course........

I drop a cube of frozen brine in and wait for my moment with the net. I attack two times and on the third I scare the living shIt outa my fire fish. Wouldn't you know it he hops right in the green carpet anemone. So yeah, he just became a $20 meal for him.

At this point I'm so pissed off I scrape the carpet anemone off the glass and take him back to the store. When the guy inspects the anemone the fire fish's tail is sticking out of the mouth and still wiggling!

I ended up getting about 3 dozen small blue hermits, another red fire fish, a purple fire fish, a, can't remember the name of it now, two different colors small and purple/pink, and two pink anthias. Oh, and the LFS guy kept the shrimp. At that point I think he felt bad for me. I'm sure he could sense my frustration at my point of entry. He's a cool guy though. We both got married last month and as we had a smoke together I became much more relaxed.

So, I've arned from this:

This isn't an easy hobby, or else everyone would do it. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way, that's just the way it is. But the reward is always greater than the hardships we bear. That's what keeps me coming back.

I want to take this moment to thank everyone on this forum for being such a great part in furthering my education in this hobby. Without you all I would have let my 72 bowfront go to hell and have been done with it all. But right now I'm as satisfied as a pig in shit and even considering getting an acrylic tank just to keep a mantis shrimp. Man, I love this hobby.

pwnt3mu.jpg

Dude... You posted that while I was over at a friend's house and wasn't on the computer. That post was so effin funny (RIP your firefish, BTW) that Redline read it to me over the phone when he saw it!!! Then when I got home (just now), I had to get online to read it for myself! Totally totally classic. One of the best fish stories I've heard in soooooo long. You should get a prize! Seriously. It made my freakin night.

I have an attention span of a 5 year old so I barely made it through the whole post.You feel like crap when something dies but 'ole so good when you leave the fish store with more critters.I think thats what I got out of your post.

One of my carberryi(my favorite anthias) died today after feeding.They get so excited and that one banged itself on the eggcrate grill hard.Poor thing must of hurt itself bad,its dead now.I watch in horror as the fire shrimp and hermit pluck the eyeballs out of the dead body.Thats 2 day past the 14 day stay alive guarantee from Liveaquaria.Have I mention that two sunsets is MIA.I guess what I'm saying is your not alone,we are here with you,though your far away.I'm here to stay.(just like you)

I think we all can relate to that.
This is just one of those hobbys where your either pissed off and pulling your hair out,or lovin every minute of it.

Yup, that's what I was getting at.

I have an attention span of a 5 year old so I barely made it through the whole post.You feel like crap when something dies but 'ole so good when you leave the fish store with more critters.I think thats what I got out of your post.

One of my carberryi(my favorite anthias) died today after feeding.They get so excited and that one banged itself on the eggcrate grill hard.Poor thing must of hurt itself bad,its dead now.I watch in horror as the fire shrimp and hermit pluck the eyeballs out of the dead body.Thats 2 day past the 14 day stay alive guarantee from Liveaquaria.Have I mention that two sunsets is MIA.I guess what I'm saying is your not alone,we are here with you,though your far away.I'm here to stay.(just like you)

Dude... You posted that while I was over at a friend's house and wasn't on the computer. That post was so effin funny (RIP your firefish, BTW) that Redline read it to me over the phone when he saw it!!! Then when I got home (just now), I had to get online to read it for myself! Totally totally classic. One of the best fish stories I've heard in soooooo long. You should get a prize! Seriously. It made my freakin night.

Hahahahaha, it was the intent to get a few chuckles. At the end of the day it wasn't anything that a couple rumNcokes couldn't fix. :Cheers:

Back