Holy crap

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

I'm pretty sure someone just tried to break into my house right now while I was sitting here. NDB called me about 20 minutes ago and said he was on his way home from work. His Audi is very loud, so I can always hear him coming down the street.

Well, I didn't hear his car, but someone came up to the front door, opened the security door and started fiddling with the locks in the door -- jiggling them, it sounded like they were trying to flip them in and out. I sat on the couch, frozen for about 10 seconds while this went on (the couch is about 20 feet away from the front door). Then I thought, "SHIT I'VE GOT TO HIDE BEFORE THEY GET IN" so I grabbed my phone, ran past the front door, and down the dark hallway into the guest bedroom that is filled with boxes, and hid behind the boxes. Then I called NDB and whispered, "Where are you? Are you near the house? Someone is trying to get in!" He told me to stay on the phone with him and that he's close to home.

So he pulls up about one minute later, and I don't hear the fiddling at the door anymore, but now my dogs in the back yard, and the neighbors dogs are all going NUTS and barking like crazy. NDB runs into the house, grabs an arsenal of stuff, and takes off out of the house. I locked the door behind him -- dude's on his own now!!!

Haven't heard gunshots yet, so I think all is well!! ;) Hopefully he scared him off.

Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Bifferwine

SeaBee Ha Ha Thats Funny!

Holy shit Biff, call police?

SeaBee, Dec 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Bifferwine

bjohanson1234 .........

Wow!!! Thank God you are all right!!!! That is some serious:pooh:

bjohanson1234, Dec 17, 2009
  4. Bifferwine

d2mini VIP Member

BWAHAHA! Classic! :lol:

Glad you are ok. Hope ndb is too.

d2mini, Dec 17, 2009
  5. Bifferwine

cthegame

Scary stuff biff. Lets hope the guy takes look at NDB with all that arsenal and decides to never try that house again!. Glad no shots were fired and no one got hurt.

cthegame, Dec 17, 2009
  6. Bifferwine

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Wow.....scary stuff. I don't even like to answer doors for mormons now either. Do you have an alarm system? Might want to consider one.

wontonflip, Dec 17, 2009
  7. Bifferwine

Picasso Seahorse Whisperer

BIFF, OMG! Call the police!

C

Picasso, Dec 17, 2009
  8. Bifferwine

Rcpilot

Damn! This is one of those situations where a 12ga shotgun would have been handy. You just sit on the couch with a glass of wine and wait for the front door to open. When it opens you rack the shotgun loudly........ "So, you comin' in or not?" :mrgreen:

Rcpilot, Dec 17, 2009
    HeavyHittah likes this.
  9. Bifferwine

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

Biff,maybe you need 2 phones?
    One to call NDB and other for 911?

Or just yelled'
    "Come on in mother effer.I got you some HOT lead waitin on this side of the door"

yote, Dec 17, 2009
  10. Bifferwine

You need a pet Yote sittin' there instead of an alarm :) Shoot first, ask questions later. LOL

wontonflip, Dec 17, 2009
  11. Bifferwine

HeavyHittah LivingReefs is like home

the situation is not funny at all. but rc you made me laugh with this one.

damn biff, somebody always trying to jack you, why they playa hatin?! ndb should have shot they ass

HeavyHittah, Dec 17, 2009
  12. Bifferwine

RyanG ^*Eternal Dumbass*^

Sarah you should've gone for the gun first thing. People are nuts! I though you moved OUT of the ghetto? Time for you to learn how to shoot straight or drop some Krav on them.

RyanG, Dec 17, 2009
  13. Bifferwine

HeavyHittah LivingReefs is like home

people try to break in houses all over, not just the ghetto.

HeavyHittah, Dec 17, 2009
  14. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

Well here's what happened. NDB found the guy a couple streets down. He had a handful of fliers for a window and door company. Before NDB confronted him, he watched him. He said the guy was only going to dark houses (my lights weren't on), and he would stand in front of them and look in the windows. Then he would go up to the doors and try to open them. NDB said he did not knock on any doors, and he did not leave fliers on any doors.

He didn't knock on my door, and he didn't leave a flier. He just came up to the door, opened the security door, and started messing with the inside door. This guy was not trying to sell me windows and doors.

NDB confronted him, and said, "You just scared the shit out of my fiance!" The guy stammered a bit, then said, "All I did was open the security door and jiggle the door handle. I shut the security door afterwards." Well, they "talked" for a bit and NDB demanded his ID (which he wouldn't turn over), but he did get one of the fliers he was supposedly handing out.

NDB came home, we called the cops, filed a police report, and I left a voicemail at the window and door place this guy supposedly works at. I will be calling them again tomorrow and making sure this guy gets fired (if he is even employed with them).

It's one thing to go door to door selling things. It's another thing to go door to door at night, not knock, not leave a flier, open the security door and try to open the inside door.

The police officer said I need to call back tomorrow to see if we can press charges or anything. If I can, I will.

Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009
  15. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

PS -- one of my friends works for Honeywell. I called him, we're having an alarm technician come over this weekend.

Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009
  16. Bifferwine

bjohanson1234 .........

Good job biff!!! If I were NDB, I would hav ehad the cops there to continue the "talk" Glad everyone is home and safe now too. I bet that guy doesnt even work for the company though, probably just made some flier up for an excuse to why he was going up to peoples houses:grumble:

bjohanson1234, Dec 17, 2009
  17. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

NDB didn't have his phone on him at the time, or else he would have held the guy. The police officer told me over the phone that if we see him again, NDB can restrain him until the police get there to arrest him. Upon telling him this, NDB immediately "suited up", hopped in his car and went looking for the guy. He's still out there looking for him now -- he wants this guy arrested.

We'll see if he works for the company tomorrow. I'll be calling them for sure.

Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009
  18. Bifferwine

Glad you guys found him, though. It's odd that he would be passing out flyers at night?!? That's just ridiculous! Glad you're getting an alarm. It's more a peace of mind thing. Like HH said, doesn't matter where you live....there will be break ins no matter where you live. In fact, I'm sure affluent neighborhoods would be hit, too, considering the wealth inside (they're just more likely to have an alarm system in place).

Get his a$$ fired, Biff!!

wontonflip, Dec 17, 2009
  19. Bifferwine

Bifferwine I am a girl

Well, we found him, but then he took off. So NDB is looking for him again right now. He wants him arrested -- the police can't do anything unless he's found.

Bifferwine, Dec 17, 2009
  20. Bifferwine

Did NDB show off his piece? LOL

wontonflip, Dec 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question