Homer`s 105 gallon tank build

Nice update, I agree Russian women are beautiful. I have a cousin who went to Russia and brought one home and married her. So tempting...Anyway...My snails cruise all over the sump and the tank. I have found them surfing on the return to the hob filter, seems to be a favorite place for them. In the sump they are always going over the wall and into the skimmer section. They get back into the refugium by themselves just fine. Where ever some algae will grow the snails will follow..

You said your using tap water still ??? Wow.that could be why you have all that brown diatom looking algea. When.i was using tap water at the begunning i did.not know why my diatoms would not go away. Then i found out it was the silacas in the tap water causing it. After i started using ro/di it slowly started going away.

Tank is looking good. If you want a good sand sifting goby, get a Diamond Watchman Goby. And, also, you can get Nassarius Snails. They sift sand too :).

I don`t want snails in my main tank (i have snail in my refugium)... My hermit crabs... might go for his shell :D :D... I like blue cheek goby they are cool :) ... Maybe I could put two of them in my tank? Or they will fight? How big teritory do they require?

He's adding sand on like april 12th or something. But, I don't think I'd chance putting two of the same sand sifting gobys together (Unless they are a proven mated pair). If i was you, I'd just get a couple of different sand sifters :)

Are you going to keep your tank Bare Bottom ??? Or you going to add sand ??

Yes, 12th of April, I will add some sand and hope that no diatom bloom will start...

Fun fact.... Today realised,I haven`t changed water for like 2 or three months... awkard :D

Back