hope its better here

pmgaudio

Reefing newb
Hi everyone, I am 3 months into this hobby and I am very annoyed already. Not causeof the hobby itself, but (And I can pretty much say what I want now) Reef Central is full of ARROGANT MODS, and I was banned, I believe casue I wanted to MEET someone to but his stuff in a parking lot of a petstore. I guess the metioning of a pet store is a BANNABLE offense on a PUBLIC FORUM??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Anyway I digress. did not mean to rant but It REALLY BURNS MY A**. I am trying SO HARD to be good at this new hobby and read the right things to do, and get the right equipment and they seem to care only about their precious egos or what have you, and ban people at will for what ever they seem to want to ban you for at that moment. HRMMMF
Anyway. My name is Pat and I just set up a 29 gallon tank end of March, had KNEE surgery middle of April, had a few things happen, including a suicidal Algae Blenny last night apparently , Hair Algae outbreak, Cyano dilemma, and all now under control
have about 35Lbs live rock, 1-2" sand bed, Red Brit Star, False Perc Clown, three Nass snails, about a dozen Turbos (Lost 2 of 4 Margarita snails to the star I think) Two Pep Shrimp and for Zoo frags, including my awesome A.O.T.G. Zoo. and a Feather Duster I got today. I will be posting and asking all KINDS of things, and now that my rant is done, feel free to criticize what you see fit. and I HOPE to get along with EVERYONE HERE!
BTW Are there any CTARS MEMBERS HERE???

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. I'm pretty sure you're gonna enjoy your stay here. We try to be different from other sites...feel free to post questions, comments, and concerns. :)

You are absolutley correct my man!!! I too got fed up with the idiots on RC.. Good luck to ya. Give a shout if you need anything.

Hi and welcome!
I'm not a fan at all of RC either - they really do try to be the mind police there. There's a thread on algae scrubbers (which are more or less hearsay there) and the people maintaining the thread have to be super careful what they say or don't say, just so the thread doesn't get shut down for offending the sensibilities of the mods.You shouldn't have to tip toe around with your opinions!

I'm not a member of CTARS (prob will join this year), but I attend some events and am in the area.

Welcome. I also hated RC. They have too many issues with too many things. I now only browse their site on occasion, but never for anything that I need answering. I come here. And I've asked quite a few questions and have always been met with great responses, even if they were a little out there lol. But glad to have you. We noobs can all learn together. Hope your stay here is much better, AND MORE FUN than on RC =)

Dont mean to be a downer mate, but you shouldnt have a Horseshoe crab in your 29... they really have no where to go and feed in there.

Back