how about this led light?

Actually, if this is an Aquatic Life fixture it may be worth it. The company is here in California and they have a great customer service department. I would look for reviews on the light first, as it stated in the eBay ad that it was highly recommended for a fresh water planted aquarium.

Actually, if this is an Aquatic Life fixture it may be worth it. The company is here in California and they have a great customer service department. I would look for reviews on the light first, as it stated in the eBay ad that it was highly recommended for a fresh water planted aquarium.

I thought we were a saltwater / reef boardo_O

Ill vouch for reefbreeders. the photon 16 and the photon 24 have both been doing well for me. 90deg optics on my 16 (tank is 30 tall) 90 on my 24 as well. the 16 keeps a host of sps alive but they can penetrate to keep both of my clams at the bottom thriving. The 24 just keeps a brain alive.

I just ordered two topledseller full spectrum 165w 90deg optics for $195.00(ebay)-smoked a ballast
on one of the fixtures on the 300 frag tank to replace the ballast cost was $150.00
little leary about the leds but we will see!! hard to let go of the overdriven T-5s time proven but costly! anybody offer any opinions on height above tank and starting intensitys and acclimation
time? any sps tanks running leds for over two years?
Thanks,
John.

I just ordered two topledseller full spectrum 165w 90deg optics for $195.00(ebay)-smoked a ballast
on one of the fixtures on the 300 frag tank to replace the ballast cost was $150.00
little leary about the leds but we will see!! hard to let go of the overdriven T-5s time proven but costly! anybody offer any opinions on height above tank and starting intensitys and acclimation
time? any sps tanks running leds for over two years?
Thanks,
John.

I only have a few SPS that came in from Fiji and they're doing just fine under the LED system I got from China. I'm running it on a 12h schedule with it ramping up and ramping down with 3 hours at 80%. I thing the main issue people have with LED systems is they blast the corals for 10+ hours a day and the corals won't deal with that, PERIOD. There isn't an 80-100% light cycle for 10+ hours in nature and you shouldn't expect a specimen to adapt to that in an aquarium.

These things have manual dimmers for each channel -I need to get ramp up timer/controllers for each channel- any economical ideas?
Looked online @FS and current offered something but was not rated for the watts per channel these have..if I read it correctly

Back